Good throw, focus and bright torch help

SCAR_Jester

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've noticed that in some night or dim lighted games I can't see jack s**t and I'm looking for a flashlight capable of shining bright at long distances, I do understand the theory behind torches more or less I just can't seem to find one that's PROVED good enough and is not £50+ ,

I'm tight wad lets put it that way, any help in finding one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

- Corky

element / night evolution surefire M600 clone, really good all round budget torch that comes fitted with a RIS mount.

I have heard many good things about it, does it have the through capable to play outdoors say 100m with a reasonably small spread?

• Supporters

any torch is gonna have a pretty big spread at 100m, at least any torch that's usable under 20m will anyway. They're about as bright as you're realistically gonna get for less than 50quid.

as for why you'd need a torch that shines 100m when your gun will only go 60-70m on a good day I don't know :)

any torch is gonna have a pretty big spread at 100m, at least any torch that's usable under 20m will anyway. They're about as bright as you're realistically gonna get for less than 50quid.

as for why you'd need a torch that shines 100m when your gun will only go 60-70m on a good day I don't know :)

I guess, first number that came to mind to be honest :)

Any idea where I can find one in the UK?

Combat south sell them.

Never heard of these guys, seems fairly good. (Off topic) Good quality stuff there?

• Supporters

It's one of the big southern UK woodland sites, but they have them at their shop- might be on their website, if not phone up- they're very helpful. I used to play there regularly, but still use the shop quite often, they're trustworthy though, that you can be sure of.

It's one of the big southern UK woodland sites, but they have them at their shop- might be on their website, if not phone up- they're very helpful. I used to play there regularly, but still use the shop quite often, they're trustworthy though, that you can be sure of.

Great stuff, thanks for the help, I'll be sure to have a nosey around whilst in there then :)

Found many results, just very hidden on the interwebs.

Though I found this: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/281317321291 anyone got anything on it?

Cheers

Damn, oh well. Probably just going to get the m600c from a trusted uk seller, save time and (minimal yet a chance is there) hassle.

Maybe one day I'll be more knowledgable about torches like how many types of batteries and led's there are etc. but for now thanks all who helped. :)

• Supporters

Found many results, just very hidden on the interwebs.

Though I found this: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/281317321291 anyone got anything on it?

Cheers

Main difference is the tail switch the main thing to bear in mind is that while the CREE LED is important for brightness it's the lens and reflector that determine focus and throw. Any sub £50 torch just isn't going to be made to the sort of spec that it would need to achieve what you're looking for ie - you're after something unachievable at your price point.

Main difference is the tail switch the main thing to bear in mind is that while the CREE LED is important for brightness it's the lens and reflector that determine focus and throw. Any sub £50 torch just isn't going to be made to the sort of spec that it would need to achieve what you're looking for ie - you're after something unachievable at your price point.

Yeah I get that, tbh I think I'm done looking, m600c seems to get nothing but praise and I haven't heard of the m961 other than a couple YouTube reviews, either way they seem very similar.

• Supporters

Yeah I get that, tbh I think I'm done looking, m600c seems to get nothing but praise and I haven't heard of the m961 other than a couple YouTube reviews, either way they seem very similar.

I have an Element M600c and it is good. Just be aware that the tape switches can fail over time but that can happen with any of them. I also have a couple of M300c Night Evolution torches on the way so I'll let you know how they are as and when (they're the shorter single battery version).

I have an Element M600c and it is good. Just be aware that the tape switches can fail over time but that can happen with any of them. I also have a couple of M300c Night Evolution torches on the way so I'll let you know how they are as and when (they're the shorter single battery version).

Ok thanks, just wanted to make sure I'm getting my money's worth for £40-50

If you order from Hong Kong you can get an element M600 for much less than that, I wouldn't pay more than £25 for one. A UK seller isn't going to honour a warranty on a piece of cheap clone hear any more than a chinese one.

Only problem is HobbyKing is the only place with that cheap a price than most HK ebay sellers and HobbyKing does not seem to have a good rep.

-Edit- Aliexpress has it for £23 free ship, I've used them before. Quite reputable.

• Supporters

Just bought mine from ApexTac on ebay. Cheap as chips.

Just bought mine from ApexTac on ebay. Cheap as chips.

Yeah I saw, AliExpress is cheaper and I'm a tight wad :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.