G&G T4 18 Gen 3 Problems

Snakeeyes75

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, Over the last few months I've been posting here in relation to my G&G T4 18 (Gen 3), I've had the same issue come up time and time again and it's still not sorted!

It seems to be prone to misfeeds! At first I though it was the mags, then the BB's then the wet. I went to my 3rd Skirmish on Sunday and half the day it was amazing then the other half is was misfeeding and "Dry firing " pretty much 1 in 4 shots. I've had it all stripped down (Except the gearbox as it's still under warranty) and I can't find a damn thing wrong with it! The hop is good, the motor good. It's SO bloody frustrating! I'll be sending it back in the new year for Swindon airsoft to take a look. I know there's another forum member that's has similar problems although when mine works, it works really well!

Any final ideas?

• Supporters

Have you tried firing it until it dry fires then taking the upper off to see exactly WHERE the BB is stuck?

Have you tried firing it until it dry fires then taking the upper off to see exactly WHERE the BB is stuck?

I've taken the mag out when it has dry fired and there's been nothing in the hop, Would a delay plate sort that? The gun is only 4/5 months old and has done it pretty much since new.

What ammo are you using?

Started off with Blaster .2's then Devil Blaster .2's, also tried Madbull .2's all have the same issue! If you remember back I thought I had a dodgy pot of .23 Blasters, I swapped to .25's and the problem went away until now.

• Supporters

I've taken the mag out when it has dry fired and there's been nothing in the hop, Would a delay plate sort that? The gun is only 4/5 months old and has done it pretty much since new.

^^^^^that

sounds like this:

50% of misfeeds are down to tappet plates and nozzles, if you haven't opened the gearbox you're missing a lot of potential failure points.

It it's still under warranty I'd get it back to the retailer before going any further.

50% of misfeeds are down to tappet plates and nozzles, if you haven't opened the gearbox you're missing a lot of potential failure points.

I spoke to Swindon airsoft earlier in the month, they said that the warranty is fine unless I opened the gearbox, that's why I've hit the wall so to speak with anything that I can do! My next step will be to return it to them so they can hopefully get to the bottom of this! Bare in mind that the gun is still sort of new.

^^^^^that

sounds like this:

It it's still under warranty I'd get it back to the retailer before going any further.

Yeah, will do mate! I get the feeling it's not something like a wobbly hop or poorly fitted motor etc..

The motor wouldn't affect the feeding.

Mate, I've been told everything by everyone! This was the latest "Bright spark" earlier today!

I've done another test as LOZART has suggested, when the dryfire occured I stopped, took the mag out and took off the upper receiver, no BB anywhere! They're not getting into the hop chamber.

+1 for Swindon then being ok about it all then....

let us know how you get on - always good to know decent retailers

rather than the few that take ya money and say get on with it

best of luck for sorting it in New Year

Will do! I have to admit, the first guy I spoke too was really up for getting the gear box apart and sorting it out, he reckons it needs a delay plate! The guy I spoke to today mentioned a poorly aligned motor whcih I thought sounds like BS! I'll report back, so far i've been pleased with their service so hopefully it'll be sorted! To sweeten the deal I've also mentioned that if they can sort it out then I'd like them to do a few things to turn it into a DMR so hopefully that'll help.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.