CM16 raider conversion issues!

Lewistaylor12

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys just to start off I am quite a newbie in the airsoft game and am more looking to do my first custom build. I am an engineer by trade so have access to a lot of machinery such as a CNC to do certain parts that will be totally unique but I will get to that eventually.

My issue is that i have got myself a CM16 raider as a building block to start from and am looking to extend the barrel from 6.5" to 15" in length. The installation of the barrel and hop up is of no concern but what i cannot find information on is the black sleeve that covers the inner barrel in which the external end barrel attaches to. (i will include image showing this part in question)

Im stumped as to finding any longer barrel 'sleeve' for want of a better word, and am under the impression i would need one to attach an external end to the gun.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and i can take more images if needed.

post-10492-0-43657600-1416944044_thumb.jpg

As your an engineer, why not just make what you have in your hand to the required length, I posted a similar comment a while a go

In the general section look for thread title 'G&G outer barrel' there is a link to what someone suggested to me entitled 'this is what you need'

Nick

• Supporters

It's called a 'barrel spacer' and its function is to prevent the inner barrel rattling about. There is no reason why you couldn't reuse that one: just slip it over the end of the new longer internal barrel. I'm not an aficionado of wombat machines, but in most guns it's nothing that couldn't be replaced by a few windings of tape, if they have a spacer at all (many don't).

Oh hang on... my perspective was screwed up - it's the external barrel :lol: you can get them for M4's in plenty of lengths, but they usually have a moulding on one end and a thread on t'other, unless they are made to fit into a front sight assembly which has the muzzle thread on it - are those circular marks where you've taken the moulding and sight assembly off?

• Supporters

Have you tried emailing G&G part department?

they are really really helpful (they sent me loads of exploded drawing when i was getting my L85 hop and barrel, and also offered me loads of different barrel options etc) and may have a longer version B)

Im slightly concerned that as an engineer you are stumped by this .. it is the middle part of the three piece G&G barrel., it fits to the gun / rail end via a grub screw or two, extends out and the end piece with the sight post and flash hider sits on the end of this with another couple of grub screws.

post-9152-0-13444400-1417019746_thumb.jpg

if you want it longer just find another piece of tube with the same outer diameter and cut it to the length you want, although if you are still going to use the original rail it will look bad.

You would be better buying a new 15 inch Chinese barrel from ebay. If you are attaching Delta Rings and a hand guard you may get away with it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.