Shoulder Rocket Launcher for Milsim

Baz JJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Do you get soaked when you launch it?

No, it would be lethal if it fired something like those missiles in a straight line.

It is mostly a prop but uses a laser to "paint" vehicles and a laser hit allows the directing staff to detonate thermobarics and smoke on the vehicle. The aiming optic is real. Last game, we did this with an RPG and the vehicle exploded, slewed to a halt and emitted dense black smoke, with the occupants hanging out.

It was so realistic, troops on the same side started dragging the occupants out on to the ground to get them away from the "burning' vehicle.

Does it fire actual projectiles? Or is it something more akin to what Bellurgan for example have,A sensor system which triggers an alarm on a vehicle when 'fired'?

Still,looks damn neat,I really like the look of it

No, it would be lethal if it fired something like those missiles in a straight line.

It is mostly a prop but uses a laser to "paint" vehicles and a laser hit allows the directing staff to detonate thermobarics and smoke on the vehicle. The aiming optic is real. Last game, we did this with an RPG and the vehicle exploded, slewed to a halt and emitted dense black smoke, with the occupants hanging out.

It was so realistic, troops on the same side started dragging the occupants out on to the ground to get them away from the "burning' vehicle.

Hmm,sounds like a nice idea. I like the idea with thermobarics and smokes detonating on the vehicle. With a firework usage license at bellurgan I guess I could pitch a similar idea to the guys. Along with what we already have, the sensor triggering an alarm on the car,maybe rig up a lighter to get some smokes off and some thermobarics strapped to the sides of the vehicle. Main issues would of course,be money and sourcing the fireworks,and how the hell to light grenades via a lighter and electronic signal,I've yet to gut an electronic lighter so I'll still need to research on that.

Overall,sounds like a cool concept you guys have. I'll need to get to some Okto Eight games when I'm old enough to drag my arse to Sasana,you guys seem to be on the ball with milsim stuff

The organisers have a lot of experience and know a lots of tricks of the trade to make it realistic and immersive.

We don't do the hardcore 24 hour all nighter Imodium and shitting in cling film games but our scenarios are fun and get the adrenalin pumping.

Players never quite know whats coming next. Probably 50% milsim; 50% filmsim.

At the moment, we have players building all sorts for the next game, to bolster their force capabilities.

• Supporters

Oh right! I saw the Hades projectile and thought, "Holy bottle rocket in the face, Batman, Baz has changed his tune since we were talking about TAGs!"

The way to easily set pyros off electrically is with a hot wire - get a piece of the steel wool from a brillo pad and wire it across the ends of 2 core copper wire so that approx 10mm is strung between the copper - connect to a couple of AA's, an 18650, or even a 9V and it'll glow and maybe burn through (with a 9V you are best to use more steel and wrap it around a match head to make sure that even if it does blow it will light the match head and thus ignite the pyro).

I hope I get to fire that at the MPF scum :D I was on the rear patrol when the vehicle blew up and I swear everyone soiled themselves when it happened. There was a brief moment of panic followed by everyone running towards the vehicle which was on the other side of the field. That really got the adrenaline pumping and the firefight that ensued after was excellent with the rebels hiding in concealed positions, but we still fought our way to the vehicle and managed to get the guys out.

The whole weekend had that much action aswell :)

Hmm,sounds like a nice idea. I like the idea with thermobarics and smokes detonating on the vehicle. With a firework usage license at bellurgan I guess I could pitch a similar idea to the guys. Along with what we already have, the sensor triggering an alarm on the car,maybe rig up a lighter to get some smokes off and some thermobarics strapped to the sides of the vehicle. Main issues would of course,be money and sourcing the fireworks,and how the hell to light grenades via a lighter and electronic signal,I've yet to gut an electronic lighter so I'll still need to research on that.

Overall,sounds like a cool concept you guys have. I'll need to get to some Okto Eight games when I'm old enough to drag my arse to Sasana,you guys seem to be on the ball with milsim stuff

you can get remote detonators and also the electric fuse ignitor to allow the use of fireworks and other items that can't be directly activated by the det.

i got mine from ebay but came from these guys: http://rfremotech.com/

• Supporters

you can get remote detonators and also the electric fuse ignitor to allow the use of fireworks and other items that can't be directly activated by the det.

i got mine from ebay but came from these guys: http://rfremotech.com/

That's true, but all they are is a piece of steel wire bent into a 'u' shape with a blob of match-head mixture dabbed into the crook of the bend and allowed to dry, so you can totally make your own just as effectively. I wouldn't bother, but the price of some of this gear is out of order!

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.