I can't get my GR16 GBBR to shoot

MrCheesman94

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Since it's not a traditional gas mechanism I have honestly no idea what the issue might be, but the only time I can remember ever witnessing anything similar, it was because a part of the trigger mechanism had worn out so the hammer was slipping loose after the bolt reset it.

Bolt goes back, hammer gets reset, but then instead of it locking back ready for the next trigger pull, it was just following the bolt back forward. As the bolt passes over it again, it'd just flip up and go after it once it cleared the hammer - stops it falling with full force so it doesn't release enough gas fast enough to cycle the mech, just causes a mag leak/vent.

TL;DR, I'd put money on the trigger mech needing a looking at. Though cold weather and bad o-rings can cause mag venting as well. It might be as simple as the release valve on the mag sticking a bit or something.

• Supporters

Since it's not a traditional gas mechanism I have honestly no idea what the issue might be, but the only time I can remember ever witnessing anything similar, it was because a part of the trigger mechanism had worn out so the hammer was slipping loose after the bolt reset it.

Bolt goes back, hammer gets reset, but then instead of it locking back ready for the next trigger pull, it was just following the bolt back forward. As the bolt passes over it again, it'd just flip up and go after it once it cleared the hammer - stops it falling with full force so it doesn't release enough gas fast enough to cycle the mech, just causes a mag leak/vent.

TL;DR, I'd put money on the trigger mech needing a looking at. Though cold weather and bad o-rings can cause mag venting as well. It might be as simple as the release valve on the mag sticking a bit or something.

just tried it and i have regreased the trigger andit works fine if i hold the mag up

First off check the very basics:

is the gas can a new can or is at at least a third full, any less and you may start running into trouble.

It should also take about 6 seconds to fill the mag completely. Less time filling means less gas in the mag.

Is the magazine set to dry fire or do you have it sufficiently loaded? The dry fire switch should be on the left of the magazine near the round gas port. Push the follower into the mag to compress the spring then slide the switch foreward locking it down, it shouldn't be protruding out any more. Now it is in dry fire mode.

When you put it back together there is a little switch/ lever in the trigger that causes the mech to mimic the bolt picking back when empty, this may be the cause of your issue.

Take it apart and split the two halves, with the gun in semi push the biggest part, the hammer so it is flat,

Now in the right had side in front of the hammer, next to the striker is a small lever pointing up vertically to twelve o clock, push it towards the front of the gun so it's now closer to eleven o clock. The trigger should now pull crisply and the striker should strike foreward and stay there. Ensure the Mag is out when you test it.

Repeat the steps above, reset the hammer and the little lever.

Now attach the upper reciever and mate the two halves up. It should already be cocked but pull the charge handel to double check.

Now hold it upside down and dry fire it a few times without a mag while looking into the mag well. Ensure the striker comes foreward on the trigger pull and withdraws when manually cocked with the handle. It only has about 6mm travel, but it should be noticeable the two different positions.

Now load a mag set to dry fire and test it in semi. Cock it and fire it, it should have shot one shot and reset it's self ready for the next, try a second and third. Flip to auto and test a few bursts.

It's very difficult to put it into text and even a video, but it can be a little temperamental and I did have a few problems initially, simply down to me not knowing how it worked. The little lever controls a lot and the dry firing switch can cause problems too.

My advise would be to strip it down again and follow the above procedure. If something doesn't go as written, let me know at which point and we can work out the issue.

• Supporters

First off check the very basics:

is the gas can a new can or is at at least a third full, any less and you may start running into trouble.

It should also take about 6 seconds to fill the mag completely. Less time filling means less gas in the mag.

Is the magazine set to dry fire or do you have it sufficiently loaded? The dry fire switch should be on the left of the magazine near the round gas port. Push the follower into the mag to compress the spring then slide the switch foreward locking it down, it shouldn't be protruding out any more. Now it is in dry fire mode.

When you put it back together there is a little switch/ lever in the trigger that causes the mech to mimic the bolt picking back when empty, this may be the cause of your issue.

Take it apart and split the two halves, with the gun in semi push the biggest part, the hammer so it is flat,

Now in the right had side in front of the hammer, next to the striker is a small lever pointing up vertically to twelve o clock, push it towards the front of the gun so it's now closer to eleven o clock. The trigger should now pull crisply and the striker should strike foreward and stay there. Ensure the Mag is out when you test it.

Repeat the steps above, reset the hammer and the little lever.

Now attach the upper reciever and mate the two halves up. It should already be cocked but pull the charge handel to double check.

Now hold it upside down and dry fire it a few times without a mag while looking into the mag well. Ensure the striker comes foreward on the trigger pull and withdraws when manually cocked with the handle. It only has about 6mm travel, but it should be noticeable the two different positions.

Now load a mag set to dry fire and test it in semi. Cock it and fire it, it should have shot one shot and reset it's self ready for the next, try a second and third. Flip to auto and test a few bursts.

It's very difficult to put it into text and even a video, but it can be a little temperamental and I did have a few problems initially, simply down to me not knowing how it worked. The little lever controls a lot and the dry firing switch can cause problems too.

My advise would be to strip it down again and follow the above procedure. If something doesn't go as written, let me know at which point and we can work out the issue.

Thanks man i will check tomorrow cant see shit now lol

From that video, I'm almost certain you need more gas, the 2 seconds you filled the mag is not enough, you need to count to 6 with and or Mississippi between them.

GHK don't actually recommend filling the mags fully, which I found takes about 8 seconds.

They should also be silent fill valves, the hissing sound generally mans you are not sitting home in the valve and putting the gas into the air, not the gun, take care to come vertically and apply a bit of pressure.

Also shake the gas can, and make sure it is at least a third full, any less and the pressure drops to almost nothing especially when cold.

The video shows it's cycling properly, just venting when has pressure drops low enough to stop it cycling fully.

And remember that the dry fire switch is vital to making it work properly.

• Supporters

You may want to check the mag is not leaking either full it up and listen if it still hisses after you stop filling, it's leaking.

i have three mags none of them leak when i fill it with gas the gun cycles but not 100% but if i hold the mag in place and give is a push it works perfectly

• Supporters

From that video, I'm almost certain you need more gas, the 2 seconds you filled the mag is not enough, you need to count to 6 with and or Mississippi between them.

GHK don't actually recommend filling the mags fully, which I found takes about 8 seconds.

They should also be silent fill valves, the hissing sound generally mans you are not sitting home in the valve and putting the gas into the air, not the gun, take care to come vertically and apply a bit of pressure.

Also shake the gas can, and make sure it is at least a third full, any less and the pressure drops to almost nothing especially when cold.

The video shows it's cycling properly, just venting when has pressure drops low enough to stop it cycling fully.

And remember that the dry fire switch is vital to making it work properly.

So i did everything you said and its still not cycling if i push the mag up its fine its as if there isn't a strong enough seal

When you put the gearbox back in did it go in easily?
What did you remove it for?

Did anything look out of the ordinary?

Have you done any maintenance to any of the mechanicals within the gun?

Is the rubber O ring still in place on the round silver metal gas inlet on the top half of the box? And is the hop up unit pushed all the way forward into the receiver, it's a very tight fit to get them to align properly and seal up.

With these if you push the mag too high or pull the mag slightly back, it can prematurely trigger the valve, if you look at a g5 mag the valve is recessed for this reason.

So if you have to push it to line up, then I would assume the main hardware isn't in place properly.

Could you take the top reciever off and take a top down picture with the magazine in place so I can see how it's sitting?

Is the rubber O ring still in place on the round silver metal gas inlet on the top half of the box? And is the hop up unit pushed all the way forward into the receiver, it's a very tight fit to get them to align properly and seal up.

With these if you push the mag too high or pull the mag slightly back, it can prematurely trigger the valve, if you look at a g5 mag the valve is recessed for this reason.

So if you have to push it to line up, then I would assume the main hardware isn't in place properly.

Could you take the top reciever off and take a top down picture with the magazine in place so I can see how it's sitting?

• Supporters

nMspeGl.jpg

• Supporters

When you cock the hammer the pin come back and sits perfectly over the valve?

Although I still think this sounds like a gas issue, have you tried it with a different can of gas and with warm (room temp) mags and gas?

Yes i have it have tried it with a brand new just open can of nuprol 4.0 and same effect

nMspeGl.jpg

comparing your pic to how my G5 looks the striker does not look low enough in your pic or very central (although that could be just the angle)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.