I can't get my GR16 GBBR to shoot

MrCheesman94

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

That's with the hammer not cocked, when it's cocked it draws the striker back. It's should look like this

1771E5F7-FE75-488A-91B4-0075E6E35C63_zps

If you remove the bolt half from the upper reciever and place it on top of the trigger half with the mag in, does it form a very close fit and does the gas route fit into the magazine fully? The two halves should mate perfectly and There should be less than 1 mm clearance near the magazine.

Failing that, it's going to be a full strip, clean and re lube of the cylinder and bolt assembly. If it is dirty and giving a bit of extra resistance it could be slowing the action down enough to just dump all gas. As it relies on the bolt fully cycling to re cock the hammer and draw the striker back. If it doesn't re cock the trigger it leaves the striker foreward engaging the valve.

• Supporters

That's with the hammer not cocked, when it's cocked it draws the striker back. It's should look like this

1771E5F7-FE75-488A-91B4-0075E6E35C63_zps

If you remove the bolt half from the upper reciever and place it on top of the trigger half with the mag in, does it form a very close fit and does the gas route fit into the magazine fully? The two halves should mate perfectly and There should be less than 1 mm clearance near the magazine.

Failing that, it's going to be a full strip, clean and re lube of the cylinder and bolt assembly. If it is dirty and giving a bit of extra resistance it could be slowing the action down enough to just dump all gas. As it relies on the bolt fully cycling to re cock the hammer and draw the striker back. If it doesn't re cock the trigger it leaves the striker foreward engaging the valve.

i'm assuming that means mine is to far forward because the picture is not cocked on mine and it pushes the strike pad up

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.