G&G Gr4 G26

Steelrain

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Can I get some advice on a G&G Gr4 G26 please, I've been pointed in this general direction with help from you all already but it's this model in particular I'm interested in.

What are they like to use, accurate, can you do much in the way of upgrading, are they very plasticy etc..

Cheers in advance.

I think it's been said before, but I'd like to start off saying all the G&G Combat Machines will perform pretty much the same.

It is said a lot that the performance is actually really good (considering the good price) and can get very good range and accuracy! I know one of the reasons for this is the good quality G&G green hop rubber that is in the gun.

You can definitely do a lot in terms of upgrading, both externally and internally. M4s are after all the most common airsoft gun. They use Version 2 gearboxes so there will be hop units / gears / motors / cylinders / barrels and so on. I wouldn't recommend you upgrade anything, especially as a beginner, but also because you really shouldn't need to since it should perform well anyway out of the box. General maintenance yeah but should not need new parts for a while.

And no they are not at all plasticy! I've never held one before but everyone says they are very sturdy. It's nylon fibre reinforced polymer, nothing like cheap creaky plasticy plastic :):D

I believe that the GR4 G26 is apart of the Combat Machine line. Despite G&G's being exceptionally well made (in my experiences) it's an intermediate rifle. Those are good for CQB etc but will need some work (internally) if you want it to be that super duper gun everyone wants.

So, in terms of how it shoots. Being in the intermediate line, it will only have a very basic motor, probably not even a high torque like G&G's advanced line have. So expect it to shoot at something like 600 - 700 rounds per minute. I don't know if you can throw an 11.1v LiPo in an intermediate line gun. It may frizzle the trigger contacts I'm not sure. I can easily use an 11.1v in my G&G Top Tech.

Accuracy may also be a little of the poor side. Advanced line G&G's come with a 6.04mm barrel I believe. Intermediate will most likely be wider and maybe* a softer metal too.

I've had a few intermediate line G&G's in my time and never enjoyed any of them really. Yeah, they're made from a pretty nice polymer. However metal gives that piece of mind that it won't explode if you drop it or hit it off a tree by accident.. I know..

Personally, I'd recommend getting a Top Tech or an advanced line G&G as I've had nothing but smiles with mine. All my "combat machines" and intermediate G&G just gave me a sigh.

I wouldn't recommend you upgrade anything, especially as a beginner, but also because you really shouldn't need to since it should perform well anyway out of the box.

That's cool it was more for further down the line rather than having to say purchase another rifle of better quality. :)

I believe that the GR4 G26 is apart of the Combat Machine line. Despite G&G's being exceptionally well made (in my experiences) it's an intermediate rifle. Those are good for CQB etc but will need some work (internally) if you want it to be that super duper gun everyone wants.

So, in terms of how it shoots. Being in the intermediate line, it will only have a very basic motor, probably not even a high torque like G&G's advanced line have. So expect it to shoot at something like 600 - 700 rounds per minute. I don't know if you can throw an 11.1v LiPo in an intermediate line gun. It may frizzle the trigger contacts I'm not sure. I can easily use an 11.1v in my G&G Top Tech.

Accuracy may also be a little of the poor side. Advanced line G&G's come with a 6.04mm barrel I believe. Intermediate will most likely be wider and maybe* a softer metal too.

I've had a few intermediate line G&G's in my time and never enjoyed any of them really. Yeah, they're made from a pretty nice polymer. However metal gives that piece of mind that it won't explode if you drop it or hit it off a tree by accident.. I know..

Personally, I'd recommend getting a Top Tech or an advanced line G&G as I've had nothing but smiles with mine. All my "combat machines" and intermediate G&G just gave me a sigh.

Thanks for some great advice and I can completely understand where you're coming from. I have seen the G&G's you're talking about and sadly they are out of my price range (new) especially as I have so much else that I would like to get such as kit etc. :)

• Supporters

It's a decent enough gun, but I believe there are two versions. One is plastic (not so good) and the other is nylon reinforced polymer (very good). The polymer one costs slightly more if I remember correctly. Either way a great little ggunand a good base for upgrades. Just beware that while they look similar the furniture is not magpul but a "look a like" style by g&g.

• Supporters

Yeah the guy believes it the be of a completely plastic build. It comes with 2 batteries and 2 mags for 130 is this worth it for my first rifle or shall I look for something of better quality/build?

I presume this is second hand then?

If it's the advanced version with the fold out LED torch and laser then absolutely (assuming it's in good, working condition and both batteries and mags work fine). If it's the standard (which is plastic rather than NRP) then it needs to be pretty damn good condition for my money. Either way the internals will be the same and yes, they are good guns. I've skirmished with one and it was great apart from the delta nut coming loose but that is a 5 second fix with the right tool.

TL;DR go for it.

I presume this is second hand then?

If it's the advanced version with the fold out LED torch and laser then absolutely (assuming it's in good, working condition and both batteries and mags work fine). If it's the standard (which is plastic rather than NRP) then it needs to be pretty damn good condition for my money. Either way the internals will be the same and yes, they are good guns. I've skirmished with one and it was great apart from the delta nut coming loose but that is a 5 second fix with the right tool.

TL;DR go for it.

Yeah it's 2nd hand and bog standard and I've asked for some up to date pics...the ones of seen it looks good, I just didn't wanna spend money on a pile of poop haha.

• Supporters

Yeah it's 2nd hand and bog standard and I've asked for some up to date pics...the ones of seen it looks good, I just didn't wanna spend money on a pile of poop haha.

Is it the one in the Electric for sale section on here? If so then it looks like an advanced. Spiked flash hider is the clue.

• Supporters

Lol what's this mean?

Too Long; Didn't Read basically shorthand for "in case you can't be bothered to read all that"

• Supporters

Yeah that's the one (i think), so I'll go for that then ;) I'm mean further down the line I would upgrade but I would also imagine if end up buying other guns too.

What are you shooting at the mo?

Main gun is a G&G SCAR-L which is fantastic but will soon be even better once my BTC Spectre MOSFET arrives!

Secondary guns which get alternate days out are my (originally) TM franken-M4 and a CYMA AKS-74U. Every now and then my M249 para comes out to play too :).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.