Bolle prescription inserts.

Oshia

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anyone had any prescription inserts cut for the Bolle Tracker II or any inserts at all?
I was wondering how much Specsavers charge for the lenses being cut.

Apologies if this has been mentioned a dozen times before.

post-8103-0-99851400-1415367745_thumb.jpg

http://www.safetyspecs.co.uk/Bolle%20safety%20glasses.htm

This might be something to look into.

Not sure about the ballistic rating though, the test conducted using approx. 0.81j energy wheras a normal field limit is about 1j (0.20g bb at 100m/s) or a little more. Does anyone know if there is a higher standard available for safety specs?

I have the Tracker II with the inserts, I just want to have a rough idea how much they are gonna cost to cut as I can't make it in to town until monday.

• Supporters

get tactical optician to do it instead, will be cheaper than specsavers and he's an air softer too so he'll be able to advise on the best thing for avoiding fogging etc.

http://www.tacticaloptician.co.uk

Guy who runs it is called Andy, he's a top bloke and will sort you right out!

I have Guarder eye-pro with clip in prescription inserts, Specsavers fitted lenses to the inserts as part of their 2 for 1 offer when I was buying glasses so cost me about £40.

£40 sounds good.

Yeah I thought it was good, obviously with the 2 for 1 offer (which seems to be on most of the time) it depends which glasses you buy as you pay for the most expensive. My glasses cost around £80 (so assuming half that is for second pair - ie prescription inserts = £40 if you see what I mean)If you go for their cheapest glasses then it would possibly cost less. Not sure what cost would be if you just wanted prescription lenses doing not on a 2 for 1 offer though.

I have about 6 pairs of prescription glasses so I aren't in dire need of anymore, just the inserts, but If I'm gonna get a free pair out if it then why not get some cheapies :)

The Tactical Optician online store doesnt seem to show any products, is there any other way to see his selection of products?

• Supporters

The Tactical Optician online store doesnt seem to show any products, is there any other way to see his selection of products?

Try his fb page

I got mine done at a local spec savers and it was a about £30. But its important to ask for polycarbonate because it will reduce the fogging. It won't eliminate it and for me the prescription inserts ended up being completely useless due to fogging but the polycarbonate was a little better than the usual plastic they used.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.