Fuses

adazrambo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

Recently got my G&G CM 16 Carbine, after firing a few rounds the fuses kept blowing so i was advised to buy some 20a ones, after buying they appear too big to fit in the fuse holder? any ideas as to what this should you usually take as 20a seems far too big and previous owner had 8.5 in which kept blowing.

Have attached picture.

PS I ordered the 20a from Zero One - link below -

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=7375

post-10139-0-73373800-1415209873_thumb.jpg

If you just bought it, maybe best to give the shop you bought it from a call. They will know what fuse and then if it keeps blowing the fuse, you've given them a heads up before sending it back as faulty.

A fuse blowing is a sign of something wrong, i assume that the shop already did it, but check that the rating of the fuse that was blowing was within the tolerance of your motor. It might be easier and less damaging to find the root cause.

Of course, if the gun is made with the wrong fuse you could always take the blown fuse to any car maintenance shop (halfords or similar) and ask them for a replacement. They may not sell a bigger fuse that fits in the same slot though, depending on the type

You could make your own fuse's

Get some 20a wire and create a shroud (like a normal fuse) to make it fit in the holders

I agree with using the fuse wire actually, ive rewired a few fuses in the past, and anything i can do a 10 year old can probably do better.

If you can get the metal caps off, you can put the wire in that way and you know it will fit

Depending on your battery voltage and c rating, and the overall electrical resistance of your gun, including the motor, wires and connections, the current that flows may exceed 20A. A lower power motor (therefore usually lower resistance) will draw a lower current, or a lower c rating of battery will be unable to supply a higher current

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.