Ares Ameoba AM-013 'Honey Badger'

lazareth1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I'm putting some serious thought in getting one of these rifles. The only thing really holding me back is the talk of Ares gearboxes having a bad track record (bad gears and gearbox shell).

But I think these Amoeba gearboxes are better though with the electronic firing control and the ability of them to take the ROF on 11.1v lipos (steel gears, full steel piston rack etc)

What are all your thoughts on this? Does anyone else have an Ares Amoeba rifle which has been running stock and is still going after a few months?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I'm putting some serious thought in getting one of these rifles. The only thing really holding me back is the talk of Ares gearboxes having a bad track record (bad gears and gearbox shell).

But I think these Amoeba gearboxes are better though with the electronic firing control and the ability of them to take the ROF on 11.1v lipos (steel gears, full steel piston rack etc)

What are all your thoughts on this? Does anyone else have an Ares Amoeba rifle which has been running stock and is still going after a few months?

Thanks

From what I've heard, the Amoeba series are actually surprisingly good- about as good at G&G's Combat Machines. A guy was using one at The Fort on Sunday- I got hands on with the Am013 for a few test shots at the range and it seemed pretty good, accurate enough at 30-40m. That said, I can't comment about how it will hold out in the long run, but this guy says that he's had his for about two months and it hasn't exploded just yet.

PS: really cool to find another Fort player on here :D

From what I've heard, the Amoeba series are actually surprisingly good- about as good at G&G's Combat Machines. A guy was using one at The Fort on Sunday- I got hands on with the Am013 for a few test shots at the range and it seemed pretty good, accurate enough at 30-40m. That said, I can't comment about how it will hold out in the long run, but this guy says that he's had his for about two months and it hasn't exploded just yet.

PS: really cool to find another Fort player on here :D

Well met follow Fort-er :P. And here was me thinking I would have a rare rifle when i got the am-013 and returned to The Fort! Oh well I do still want it.

Two months and still going seems good enough to me, do you know what kind of battery he was using?

G&G CM quality for £250 thou? :unsure:

...looks pretty cool thou :ph34r:

...for an AR

Yes but you can use an Ares EFCS to program the am-013 and it has a quick change spring. I like how modular it is :)

Well met follow Fort-er :P. And here was me thinking I would have a rare rifle when i got the am-013 and returned to The Fort! Oh well I do still want it.

I say a few. I've seen two guys with them, both on different weeks.

Two months and still going seems good enough to me, do you know what kind of battery he was using?

I think he was using an 11.1 LiPo- the guy uses them in the rest of his guns, so I assume its that. Again, can't be sure because it wasn't really my first question while using it. Trigger response was snappy as F and it had a pretty good ROF. Apparently it chrono'd at about 320.

Yes but you can use an Ares EFCS to program the am-013 and it has a quick change spring. I like how modular it is :)

got burstwizard for programming.. never needed qc spring, but I think ICS do that aswell? anyway, aint gonna be me buying it^^

Eugh I hate em! They look shite too, especially those magazines. Ares internals are really bad as well tbh.

That's what I've heard about their internals.. I usually get the impression that the externals are suppose to be looking like the real thing but not be that good either? thou the mags..... don't they run standard TM compatible stangs? ^^

I say a few. I've seen two guys with them, both on different weeks.

I think he was using an 11.1 LiPo- the guy uses them in the rest of his guns, so I assume its that. Again, can't be sure because it wasn't really my first question while using it. Trigger response was snappy as F and it had a pretty good ROF. Apparently it chrono'd at about 320.

Not so unique then. :P. OK thanks I plan on running a 11.1v lipo in it too.

got burstwizard for programming.. never needed qc spring, but I think ICS do that aswell? anyway, aint gonna be me buying it^^

That's what I've heard about their internals.. I usually get the impression that the externals are suppose to be looking like the real thing but not be that good either? thou the mags..... don't they run standard TM compatible stangs? ^^

Yes but I don't think having a separate MOSFET and the old trigger system is as snappy as the fire control switch setup in the Amoeba series gearboxes?

Are you sure it's not the old non-Amoeba Ares rifles you've heard about the internals? I've heard this too but I'm hoping the Amoeba ones are better and they do seem to be thus far. Yes it runs TM STANAGS so you can use other mags if you don't like them, but personally I like them as it takes it slightly further away from the M4 look. :P

Yes but I don't think having a separate MOSFET and the old trigger system is as snappy as the fire control switch setup in the Amoeba series gearboxes?

Are you sure it's not the old non-Amoeba Ares rifles you've heard about the internals? I've heard this too but I'm hoping the Amoeba ones are better and they do seem to be thus far. Yes it runs TM STANAGS so you can use other mags if you don't like them, but personally I like them as it takes it slightly further away from the M4 look. :P

I honestly dont know.

As for what I've heard it's more ares general reputation, and I got no personal experience. I wouldn't buy anything from them, but that's just me.

I honestly dont know.

As for what I've heard it's more ares general reputation, and I got no personal experience. I wouldn't buy anything from them, but that's just me.

OK mate, thanks for the input it's exactly what I need to help me make my decision :)

I've got the 009, I've had it since about July and I've skirmished it a good few times. Everything holds up, nice ROF on an 8.6 and they look nice IMO. Externals are fine unless you want to start customising. It's got a non standard buffer tube, CW threading and an overly tight mag well; best magazines for it are MAG low caps and the stock mag. Only problems I've had is the motor connectors detaching during a game.

Talk to rock climbey dave he ad had one apart an looked at the internals, and reckons they are decent actually. But send him a pm

OK mate will do :)

I've got the 009, I've had it since about July and I've skirmished it a good few times. Everything holds up, nice ROF on an 8.6 and they look nice IMO. Externals are fine unless you want to start customising. It's got a non standard buffer tube, CW threading and an overly tight mag well; best magazines for it are MAG low caps and the stock mag. Only problems I've had is the motor connectors detaching during a game.

Sounds good! I'm not sure about the buffer tube on the am-013 but the flash hider thread is CC I think. The motor connectors falling off is a bit shoddy though!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.