Need to find a new motor for my glock .

p1878

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

what size lipo did you use?

is anything else damaged?

i read on some very old american threads a while ago about alternative motors ... but i don't know of any being fitted, and i cannot for the life of me remember the motor size, if you do know the cage size (motor type/size), try hobby king as they seem to have a nice selection.

Chances are the motor inside a glock is what they call a 180 size motor

You can get motors up to the size of a loaf of bread for rc model applications

Put a photo of it on here and I should be able to identify it and give you suggestions of motors as I come from rc racing backgrounds

Is this for a Cyma 030 (Glock 18c) at all?

If so, there are a few retailers on eBay that do the motor and gearbox combo, like this for instance: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cyma-Glock-Gearbox-CM09-AEP-/280925064519?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Paintballing&hash=item4168704d47

well looks like im going to have to use that ebay link thank fella {Deek} not possible to fit every thing in pistol for brushless motor to many parts unless you can build microchips . DOE...

• Supporters

What brushless motor were you thinking of? I've been wanting to get a motor with more torque for my Vz61 Skorpion and they use the same gearbox design.

Brushless motor won't work, you need a very specific Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) they both have 3 wires to connect to the motor

Unless there is 3 wires (which there isn't) going from the motor to the board

A brushless motor is a 3 phase motor

The motor in the link is a 180 size motor, check www.Cornwall model boats.co.uk they have a vast array of motors in varying sized motors, voltage range needs to be from 0v - 7.2v as most have a nominal voltage (starting voltage) of 6v

While you've got the chance, I would swap the wiring for something a bit thicker

• Supporters

I seem to remember reading that the motor needed is a "340" but when i went looking for those nothing looked promising. I just couldn't be arsed to learn enough about rc to understand what was on offer etc, but maybe that means something to you? Unfortunately there isn't enough room in the width of a Scorpion to fit fatter wiring, although I am thinking about doubling up the 20AWG stock wire, although TBH since i added a Pico AB MOSFET and 7.4V LiPo it is doing pretty well.

But... the next round of upgrades will involve a set of SHS gears, Kanzen bearings, a magnesium alloy piston, and a 130% spring - i'm looking for higher FPS to make it useful as a primary weapon, not just a sniper back up. The problem is that these things suffer from terrible trigger response as stock and although that is now sorted, I fear that the new spring will bring that problem back. I have ordered an 11.1V LiPo... do you think that will fry the stock motor? Bear in mind that even if I were to double up the wiring, the construction of the thing requires the current to flow across some pretty dodgy brass connectors, kind of like spade connectors, otherwise I'd have to radically rethink the way the grip/battery compartment is attached to the lower receiver, so even with a MOSFET it's not the same thing as wiring a hot LiPo directly to the motor...

Ian - all rc motors have a voltage rating and 11.1v going straight to the motor will fry it for sure, the most they can handle is 7.4v, doubling up will not help as the current will be split between the 2 wires and will slow the motor down a bit, I'll have a look and suggest some decent motors that will work, I'm thinking of changing to a high speed motor in my 18c as I've done the lipo conversion aswell and the wiring heats up on full auto

Just had a look and a good replacement motor (I use a lot of there motors in my boats) is a Graupner Speed 300 size motor, 6v - 7.2v but will be ok if you can go up to 18 guage wire

I saw that video aswell, all the shimming does is the same as shimming a gear box and I can't see using the old stator makes any difference

• Supporters

Thanks Nick - i'll have to wait until i get home in a few days to measure the spindle to make sure it will fit. Fortunately I have a clamp tool for pulling off/squeezing on motor pinion gears so that wont be a problem. So you reckon that Graupner motor will have more torque than the stock JG one that's in it now?

• Supporters

BTW what is a stator?

• Supporters

Aha... so using the old stator would mean that it will definitely fit into the gun, but the new rotor would improve performance?

• Supporters

Aha... so using the old stator would mean that it will definitely fit into the gun, but the new rotor would improve performance?

In theory, yes. It's basically the same trick people use to make Scalextric cars go faster.

• Supporters

But there's no guarantee that the new rotor would actually fit well into the old stator, compared to the stator it was designed for, right? So if the new one will actually fit into the space provided, it'd be better to go with it as is...? I'm sure I read "340" was the size to go for - what do those numbers, 180, 300, and 340 actually refer to?

A lot of rc makers bought specific sized motors for there vehicles but people wanted better so company's started making better motors but the same physical sizes

The numbers just refer to size of vehicle, boat or plane they go in as there are different size classes of rc models

the number refers to the length off the motor case not including shaft / stator. Bit with wires rapped round it .www.airsoft2day.com/news/1297-novertech-to-release-brussless-motor.html .I could not figure out how to copy link so had to type it. Hope it gets made for all to buy like cheaper . The guy that uses a rc car motor on youtube is how far I get but way to big even when split down to the individual parts.

• Supporters

To make a link use the 'link' button on the editor (the little chain icon with a green + sign just below the Font Size drop down menu).

So the larger the number the better... doh! But it's not anything I can use to figure out what will fit or not?

I'm not at home so I can't just open my skorpion up to measure, but from memory i think this would fit. What do you two think?

• Supporters

BTW would i be right in thinking that hobbyking just don't sell straightforward +/- DC motors?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.