Could someone recommend a good <£130 G36 AEG?

TheCivilian

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong place)

I'm new to airsoft and I want to get a G36 as my first gun, a friend of mine who has been into airsoft for about 3 years recomended these two (he bought the second one and said it was good).
https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/Blackviper-G36-AEG-Full-auto-Airsoft-BB-Gun-.html
https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/Well-D68-G36-AEG-Full-auto-Airsoft-BB-Gun-.html
I've read that bbguns4less and justbbguns are crappy websites to buy guns at and so I'm a bit wary of buying from them. So I was hoping that someone on the forums could help me since I don't want to waste money on junk.

General guidelines for what I'm looking for are;
The gun needs to be two tone (I have no UKARA membership).
Costing £100 with £150 being the most I'm willing to spend (give or take a little bit).
I would also like the gun to have as good FPS and range as possible for that price and have a decent sized mag (250+ pellets).

(Just want to note that we are playing in the woods owned by a farmer friend).

I really don't recommend the Black Viper G36 or WELL. I think WELL make some okay sniper rifles, but their AEGs are not good quality. The range and accuracy won't be great, and cheaper guns like that are never compatible with upgrades. For example two or three of our regular members on here bought some cheap orange AK from JustBBGuns once and found that CYMA gearboxes and things like that would not fit at all. Those "bb gun" websites also lied saying it had a metal gear box, which actually turned out to be completely plastic apart from one gear. Their customer service is usually terrible as well - just read the JBBG thread!

You might want to take a look on Zero One's website, they two-tone FOR FREE and also you get a free skirmish voucher! :)

I'd look for an Umarex one, I think they are usually about £120 and should come with a battery and charger. I don't think there are any cheaper than that which are really any good, so the Umarex is the cheapest one you could get which is not too bad. Or look in the Classifieds section to see if there are any second hand ones available?

SRC are reputed to make a good G36. All their other guns are to be avoided but they somehow got their G36's right. JG are also quite good, which is why they are popular as hire guns.

I do NOT reccomend getting a two tone from airsoft world unless the gun is already sprayed, and even then should be avoied:

-two week wait for spraying

-paint used is shite: scratches off far too easily and feels uncomfortably sticky

-the guy that sprays the guns doesnt read the order notes, so dont think you can pick a colour or which parts you want painting

All these have been learned from my own recent experience :(

• Supporters

yup JG - many many places have these as hire guns

as cheap good value for money G36's

ok often they have been abused like cheap whore but still many

places have them as their hire guns so reckon that must mean something

(would hardly have a crap gun that needs repairing week after week)

the viper/well are pi$$ poor and much smaller battery compartment than proper G36c

plus 240-270fps max, low rof from lame box/motor

not normal receivers so upgrades though "may" be do-able but not as quick/easy to open her up

trust us - DON'T get a viper/well g36c - it isn't ultra crap but you will soon wish you got a proper gun

ONLYBBGUNS not the best but reckon they are bit better than other 2 places

try RC10 if valid still and get 10% off and free delivery

dunno about cyma G36 but G36 uses ver3 g/box and cyma do good range AK's with ver3 box's

http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/airsoft/electric-airsoft-gun/jg-g39C-airsoft-electric-rifle.html#.VFP0zBYknIU

http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/airsoft/electric-airsoft-gun/cyma-c11-g39-aeg-cyma-c11-g39-aeg.html#.VFP1aBYknIU

• Supporters

For the same amount of money you can get a Gen 3 SRC G36.

http://www.airsoftworld.net/airsoft-guns/airsoft-bb-gun-type/airsoft-bb-gun-rifles/airsoft-bb-gun-modern-rifles/two-tone-src-g36c-gen-iii-airsoft-rifle.html

"Superb quality from Taiwan means we won't be going back to Jing Gong even if they ever do start to produce the G36 again. "

Ok.. :rolleyes:

• Supporters

Alas get UKARA and you can get it half the price

SRC G36 are supposed to be good - well they are coz my site uses them

as opposed to usual JG and it was sweet - abused chipped to heck but it

was probably well maintained as well but fired quick and accurately when

I used one for half a day - lucky they let me do a half day hire at time

We pay a bit more over here for stuff - even though our VAT is 20%

TW & GF is 23% but lots cheaper but need UKARA

Don't think we are getting ripped by retailers so much probably a high duty

on imports by HM Customs - wait until you import from o/seas and see what

you get ripped off by ParcelForce bastids

SRC M4's are deffo to be avoided - lame g/box poxy split hop-up's etc...

SRC G36's are nice but not stocked everywhere but presume their v3 is better

than ver2 g/box's perhaps - can't be no worse

but either of those G36's will be good and able to upgrade/maintain

the viper/well - nah don't bother

shop around see what you can find - and in stock plus if you need 2-tone

nice gun for cqb & up to say mid range outdoors

JG Cyma SRC

here ya go if they got it in stock - clear (miles better than orange) SRC g36c

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/product.asp?page=product&id=GE0636IIDT

Just don't buy SRC M4's - get G&G M4's instead (soz I know you want G36 but just saying)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.