Desperately need help on my well r4

ikarma70

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I have just done a lipo conversion on my well r4 and it's not gone to plan!

I hooked the battery up and it just started firing in safety mode and when I pull the trigger in any fire mode it slows down, have I screwed it up permanently or is it a simple fix?

Please help!!!!!!

Thanks

Andy

• Supporters

Well, you should try using nimh because if you short circuit a lipo, it can go up in flames or even explode. The nimh just dies.

I'm trying not to be rude here, but it seems you don't really have the understanding or the tools to get this done.

You should get a multimeter and measure resistances.

• Supporters

Cool. Then measure resistance between the battery connector's ends, and the contact points of the gearbox, and even the body of the gearbox. Both with trigger pulled and released. This way you can find where the unneeded contact is.

It sound more like you have a short circuit on the connections to the Lipo, so that as soon as you connect the battery you are by-passing the trigger contacts altogether and engaging the motor. That would be why pulling the trigger slows down the motor, as the current is trying to follow two separate paths. Go back and look at where the wires to the Lipo are connecting to the original wires to the supplied NihM connection, as you will probably find one of them isn't covered properly and is touching something metal that touches the gearbox. If you add any new wires, always make sure you properly insulate the connections.

It sound more like you have a short circuit on the connections to the Lipo, so that as soon as you connect the battery you are by-passing the trigger contacts altogether and engaging the motor. That would be why pulling the trigger slows down the motor, as the current is trying to follow two separate paths. Go back and look at where the wires to the Lipo are connecting to the original wires to the supplied NihM connection, as you will probably find one of them isn't covered properly and is touching something metal that touches the gearbox. If you add any new wires, always make sure you properly insulate the connections.

I did wrap all soldered joins in insulation tape, however I will try again later using an nimh battery.

Well this is a head scratcher...... I took the extending wires off and held the ends onto a nimh battery and it's still firing in safe so it can only be something on the gearbox/ fire selector/trigger.

Update, I had the gun in bits and cleaned any debris out but it's still sparking and firing in safety, I think I will let the FAO tech look at it and buy another as I really do like these guns and leave it alone!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.