Gas shotgun shells?

NickM

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Right, I have some projects in mind that require either cheap bb loaded gas m203 grenade shells or bb firing gas shotgun shell the question is do they exist and how do they fire.

I'm fairly certain a firing pin hits the back of the M203 grenade releasing the gas which propels all of the bbs out of the tubes. Do some of the shotgun shells work in a similar way, if so which ones?

Should say, I'm interested in shotgun shells that empty their bbs in one hit, and i'd like to know if the firing pin simply has to impact or stay pushed in.

Cheers in advance.

• Supporters

I may release details a little later on, at the moment it's something I'm tinkering with to add to my box of tricks. If I get the go ahead from the sites I play regularly I'll end up building more than one and if I'm feeling generous I may put the how to up on here. Sorry that's all I want to say at the minute. I just don't want to spend a whole bunch of beer tokens on stuff that wont work and I have no use for otherwise.

Cheers for your interest

• Supporters

Goblin shells are basically mini moscarts, which sounds like what you're describing.

• Supporters

Awesome, cheers Ian, I knew there was a word for what I was meaning, and that's the one. Yeah I'm struggling to find any in stock in the uk. Might have to keep an eye out for cheap 40mm moscarts.

• Supporters

Yeah, it's a real shame that Goblin Solo and Duo did not live up to how good they looked, but I expect you can still find shells for them in HK, China, or Japan.

• Supporters

Have you seen the APS CAM870MCS? That is for all intents and purposes the same as a real shotgun. You pour a handful of BBs into the shell, charge it with gas, then put a lid on it to stop the BBs falling out.

At least with the grenade launcher shells, I'm pretty sure the pin stays pressed in until you prime it for another shot, it's only a very simple mechanism, and there's no point in not using all the gas in one go, so there's no reason for it to hit and release.
I'd imagine it's the same story for the APS shells, but I've not had any hands on with one to know.

• Supporters

Patrolbase are oos for Goblin shells, Russe11.

says they can take CO2, if folk are disappointed with how the 203 grenades or gas filled shotty shells perform I massively recommend trying CO2 in them if they will take it! My Madbull shower grenades were utterly pathetic on green gas, but are quite a bum bruising weapon on CO2 (as a couple of folk found out this last weekend)! :D

• Supporters

Cheers All, looks like I'm looking for Moscarts now, that are a reasonable price, either the shotgun shell type or the 40mm/M203 kind.

I'm going for a series of booby-traps, mines and tripwires. Hoping to include, pyro firing, bb firing, blank firing and visual/auditory alarms. Triggered by proximity sensors, light gates, pressure pads, radio/wire controlled and good old fashioned wire/thread.

My plan if I can get this stuff built is quite simply to make a big bag of tricks that will allow me to bring the mayhem.

• Supporters

^^Funnily enough, since I ordered some LX components earlier, I have been thinking along the same lines... good luck!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.