Sign in to follow this  
Richie Boyle

lens protector too visible

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

I am deeply unhappy about how visible my scope lens cover is. I cant see anything through it so it has to be flipped up to use it. I was thinking of tail light lens spray to rectify the problem but I am open to suggestion

my profile picture clearly shows the problem

Can it be removed ?? how about spraying it matt black or olive drab

I am considering some camo tape or black nasty (gaffer tape for the benefit or our civvy friends) as a less permanent solution to spray. The lip pops inside the end of the scope which is the issue with tape. It might leave a halo but spray would cover everything.

looking at the picture, its like a bloody torch when the sun hits it. That's unacceptable and only became apparent after my last skirmish which is where that picture came from

I am considering some camo tape or black nasty (gaffer tape for the benefit or our civvy friends) as a less permanent solution to spray. The lip pops inside the end of the scope which is the issue with tape. It might leave a halo but spray would cover everything.

looking at the picture, its like a bloody torch when the sun hits it. That's unacceptable and only became apparent after my last skirmish which is where that picture came from

Can you not just pop it off for games then slap it back on when you put the gun away?

I actually haven't looked to see how its attached. I just assumed that it was designed to stay on the scope. Its there so I always use it as soon as I have cleared my gun but that is probably more to make sure it doesn't get damaged more than keeping the scope free of alien objects. On the other hand, how much would I shit myself if I go into a game and the first time I notice an adventurous spider is when I look through the scope. It was bad enough last time when a Marshall was about 30 feet from me during a scan for enemy movement

problem solved. it is spring loaded so i cant remove the cover but the bit that is it attached to is not fixed to the scope. it just slides off :wub:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.