First Aid

Deek

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Bit of spit is all you need for the majority of wounds

Yeah, that way you don't even have to go to hospital...

...to get MRSA, C. dificile, E. coli, the lurgy, Z1, etc.

I apologise if my statements have caused an offence and seem patronising, they are not aimed an any individuals in particular.

However my point still stands that this is a step above and beyond "first aid", if you are going to be carrying this equipment, you need to be trained and prepared to manage this level of patient and injury.

I have no doubts that as adults who display a level of maturity, both Ian and Nick may be capable of managing these patients with appropriate training, however I am very aware that not all Airsoft players are mature and adult enough to know the difference, I just don't want this thread dramatising and idealising the advanced "gucci" stuff to the younger generation and the less medically experienced, players who may read this and assume that a CAT is a standard level of first aid intervention required on the field.

• Supporters

You may be right to be concerned, Mr. MN, but I honestly don't think anyone, no matter how young or inexperienced, could mistake serious uncontrollable arterial bleeding for anything else. I mean, blood pumping out which does not stop when you apply pressure to the wound itself, or you can't because something is stuck into the casualty... it's not an ambiguous situation.

Yeah, there are branches off the main arteries which could be damaged creating a wound which pumps blood but does not require a tourniquet, but a squirt a couple/three millimetres wide, even going a couple of feet, is not 'uncontrollable' and i seriously doubt anyone could think it was.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.