Ideas on first begginer loadout

Thealebear

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A sight should be helpful so yeah, I would say you should get one. They help with quicker target acquisition and a clearly view on target and all that. Optics with a high magnifications aren't really necessary because you won't usually need to shoot far anyway.

I would say definitely pick up a sling. It's a lot more convenient and comfortable than carrying it around all day. I bought a 2-point bungee sling off eBay for £7 but it feels cheap and a bit shit. I'd recommend saving up a little bit extra and get a half decent clone or inexpensive genuine one like any of these:

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/blackhawk-universal-tactical-sling-70ut00bk-533-p.asp

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Viper-3-Point-Universal-Adjustable-Tactical-Sling-Rifle-Air-Gun-Airsoft-Strap-/400299337187?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&var=&hash=item5d33b325e3

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-slings-and-other-retention-equipment/asg-strike-systems-single-point-bungee-sling-black.htm#.U_D_ZfldXWg

I have the last one and it's made out of softer and better quality material than the £7 one I bought (you can tell the difference straight away)

• Supporters

Even a half decent sight is a greater help than iron sights

I don't agree at all. Cheap sights can be absolutely awful with fuzzy dots and questionable parallax compensation. Granted a decent red dot reflex type sight will give you a more open sight picture but it's also worth taking into account the environment. I've yet to find a cheap holo sight that can be adjusted dim enough to be of use once the light level gets low. When all you can see is a bright red dot the sight becomes less than useless.

The main question for me is whether or not you can actually get your eye lined up with the sights properly once you've got your eye and face protection on. If not then it's just cosmetics anyway.

I don't agree at all. Cheap sights can be absolutely awful with fuzzy dots and questionable parallax compensation. Granted a decent red dot reflex type sight will give you a more open sight picture but it's also worth taking into account the environment. I've yet to find a cheap holo sight that can be adjusted dim enough to be of use once the light level gets low. When all you can see is a bright red dot the sight becomes less than useless.

The main question for me is whether or not you can actually get your eye lined up with the sights properly once you've got your eye and face protection on. If not then it's just cosmetics anyway.

I play indoors in very low light, I find the red dot so useful. If I know theres an enemy player sticking his head around that corner, I line up the dot where he pops out and when he moves I shoot. I know I am aiming in the correct place then, I just find it easier to concentrate fire in the correct place confident the dot is helping me.

I dont find the dot is a put off at all.

This is very true.... in fact I didnt even notice this line before, one of the main reasons I rely on the red dot is it sits higher than the iron sights on my MP5K which allows me to see, the mask I wear gets in the way of the iron sights.

• Supporters

I play indoors in very low light, I find the red dot so useful. If I know theres an enemy player sticking his head around that corner, I line up the dot where he pops out and when he moves I shoot. I know I am aiming in the correct place then, I just find it easier to concentrate fire in the correct place confident the dot is helping me.

I dont find the dot is a put off at all.

I'd be interested in knowing what sight you have then. The holo sight I have is too bright even on the lowest setting and even then is still fuzzy with ghosting too. Cheap sight not as good as iron sights non shocker.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.