Help! 13 year old (age) new to airsoft...need help

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Fair enough.

instant trigger response

agree this is a big plus

no batteries to worry about

I was more thinking "no gas to worry about" about GBB, especially when it's mainly intended for backyard plinking.

• Supporters

From Spartan Airsoft's rules:

Any player under the age of 16 MUST wear a full face mask. Minimum age is 12 but must be accompanied by parent or guardian if under 16.

From Black ops cribbs and Portishead Rules:

Any player under the age of 18 MUST wear a full face mask. Minimum age is 12 but must be accompanied by parent or guardian if under 18.

The problem is that the site owners want under 16's supervised.

Do you have an Uncle? Uncles are great for things like this that your Mum disapproves of :)

I should know, I have Nieces and a Nephew and would happily help them do anything their Mum disapproves of :D

Don't think that is same for all sites though, often my son may do full day & I just do half day

Young Guns - all players under 18 so kids can't be supervised by parents

Also Zero One own site was running some mid-week full days where parents could drop off kids

in morning and pick them up at up to about 6:00pm I think

So not all sites enforce a rule that all under 18's have to be fully supervised - just sign a waiver

so ya dad/mum can take you, fill out paperwork and leave you on your own to get lit up - kidding

rent a gun once and maybe a clear or 2-Tone G&G from Pro Airsoft or Zero One £100 to £140ish

but try it out first on a rental to see if you like it and if ya parents ok with you doing it

My missus was a bit freaky at first doing this shooting with son but I explained:

He is getting out n about, meeting new people, working as a team, getting exercise and better than

him just sitting up in his room playing online 24/7 raging n all that - he is still stroppy but thats kids

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

An MK23 has a very long trigger pull so it really doesn't have instant trigger response. I don't think a 13 years old kid would even manage to use that giant pistol effectively.

Using a cyma glock is okay for cqb but for longer distances it's not really useful against aegs or gbbrs. IMHO a Cyma 028 is the best choice on a very low budget.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.