Best looking full face mask

team flex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey there airsofters. I have a question as I am going to be buying a gun soon, and need a full face mask as i am under 16. I really like some of the paintball masks http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FMA-Full-Face-Wire-Mesh-SKULL-PUNISNER-Grey-Costume-Paintball-Mask-TB577-/360892774617?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5406e2b8d9 but I have two questions. Firstly would they take some garden battles with 350 fps + and also skirmishes. Secondly, and I know talking about COD is forbidden but all I will say is I am looking for something similar to the reaper face paint here:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=black+ops+reaper&rlz=1C1SVED_enGB533GB533&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=bxCBU86yHsjWPZmigcgK&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=643#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=yQ9AIFx3v9VrjM%253A%3Br04xeK_A2p7qaM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fimages.wikia.com%252Fcallofduty%252Fimages%252Farchive%252F6%252F6e%252F20120117044921!Reaper_Face_Paint_BO.png%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fcallofduty.wikia.com%252Fwiki%252FFile%253AReaper_Face_Paint_BO.png%3B492%3B500

Was wondering as i would be sheeling out £30 on a mask like this. Thanks for the help.

Personally I am not a fan of the mesh masks and I have two issues with them. The first is that there is no standard to which they are tested for safety so you can't before you buy know what level of defence it provides. Secondly mesh masks have been tested by a lot of people and on getting hit they do get shards penetrating. Its all about your personal level of risk, if you are willing to risk loosing an eye or damaging an eye in order to avoid fog out then a mesh mask might very well be suitable, but I honestly don't know a good way to test if its any good oither than to buy 2 and fire at the first one with paper behind it and determine its failure point.

So for me face masks are not really about looking good, its about keeping my teeth and my eyes and so I buy the kit that has been tested to the appropriate standards.

Personally I am not a fan of the mesh masks and I have two issues with them. The first is that there is no standard to which they are tested for safety so you can't before you buy know what level of defence it provides. Secondly mesh masks have been tested by a lot of people and on getting hit they do get shards penetrating. Its all about your personal level of risk, if you are willing to risk loosing an eye or damaging an eye in order to avoid fog out then a mesh mask might very well be suitable, but I honestly don't know a good way to test if its any good oither than to buy 2 and fire at the first one with paper behind it and determine its failure point.

So for me face masks are not really about looking good, its about keeping my teeth and my eyes and so I buy the kit that has been tested to the appropriate standards.

yeah, i understand. Could you point me in the direction of a face mask w/ goggles etc and some good glasses? thanks for your help btw

http://www.airsoftworld.net/cactus-hobbies-rios-punisher-white.html

Hefty price tag, but still an option. Looks near enough to the reaper facepaint aswell. Reviews seem to be positive aswell, there's only two, but they're positive none-the-less, apparently the mask is good for CQB, and since you mentioned backyard matches, this can be a good (expensive) choice.

You could buy a less expensive full-face mask with a nice shape and try to paint it, as an alternative.

http://www.airsoftworld.net/cactus-hobbies-rios-punisher-white.html

Hefty price tag, but still an option. Looks near enough to the reaper facepaint aswell. Reviews seem to be positive aswell, there's only two, but they're positive none-the-less, apparently the mask is good for CQB, and since you mentioned backyard matches, this can be a good (expensive) choice.

You could buy a less expensive full-face mask with a nice shape and try to paint it, as an alternative.

very expensive, though it is nice

Neoprene and Boogie regulators are the way forward. So breathable.

full face sucks;)

I have to have for skirmish as i am under 16 :(

As am I, but i have never been questioned for not having full face.

where i will go a friend told me apparently its the rules there, sucks.

where i will go a friend told me apparently its the rules there, sucks.

Essentially full face can be a half face mesh mask and goggles, no harm trying:)

Would goggles and a lower mesh covering only the mouth count as a full face mask? I personally hate full face masks.

I do it and ive never had a problem :)

Yes as far as I know goggles and a half face mask would essentially count as full face. As long as you have both it is okay.

Gives you more versatility in terms of goggles you'd like and buying mil-rated brands such as ESS you know you're getting quality and are protected now matter what.

If you get a mesh half face you really need to do some modification to it so the goggles fit properly but it's quick and easy enough.

I didnt use a full face mask when I was sixteen, I used goggles and mesh face mask and no one really questioned me about it. Make sure you get some decent goggles, I know I sound like an old hag, but you can't get another pair of eyes.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.