Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iTTz n00b

V2 Gearbox motor height

Cant seem to get the motor height on my M4 right, I have tried well over an hour and still no luck, If anyone is in Essex and could help me with this problem drop me a pm

why did it need adjusting?? did you remove motor? did you refit spacer afterwards??

Check that the motor moves freely in the new pistol grip, have you run the wires correctly so they are not causing interference with the motors body

Was there a spacer in there originally and what grip have you bought bud?

Rule of thumb for starters is wind the adjuster all the way in without making it silly right then back it off about 1 1/2 turns as a good starting point for height

All the wires are fine, and the motor moves freely, I am ordering a motor spacer if I have time this weekend and the new pistol grip is a g&g standard m4/m16 pistol grip

This could also be a shimming in the gearbox,the bevel to pinion shimming may be poor and causing a fair amount of screech.

Some grips,like dave said could also be poorly designed and cause very poor motor alignment.

When it was given to me it had a terrible magpul clone grip, the base plate was made out of a really cheap plastic that the motor pushed it out of shape, a friend gave me a g&g pistol grip, can't seem to find the motor spacer so ordering one from eagle 6, if its not the spacer, would anyone be able to solve this for me, If I pay them?

Please can I send this to someone who can sort this problem, I really want to keep this but if no one can then I will leave it up for sale

Do you ever leave Essex? I'm in Norfolk and happy to help if you can get up this way bud