Need Help

Matthewck
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

M4's/M16's amd HK416's use V2 gearboxes (Gen 1,2 & 3). Aks, G36's use V3

I think you may be mixing up gearbox versions with Generations

M4's/M16's amd HK416's use V2 gearboxes (Gen 1,2 & 3). Aks, G36's use V3

I think you may be mixing up gearbox versions with Generations

Yeah I think I am, do you know if there is much difference performance wise between v2 and v3 gearboxes?

• Supporters

Nothing huge, V2s dont work great with very high FPS' but that won't be an issue. V2s can be a pain to take apart but again unless you plan on doing it regularly it's not something to worry about.

Can you confirm that you are in fact asking about the gearbox designs (V2 for M4, V3 for AK, V7 for M14)

And not asking about generations of G&G gearboxes, gen1 being rubbish, gen 2 being a huge improvement, and gen 3 having a mosfet as standard?

Like Baz said, most respectable retailers will let you know the guns generation in its description. I know for a fact that ZeroOne and ProAirsoftSupplies do, as I was after a gen 3 awhile back. To my knowledge, the only difference between the second and the third generation is that the third has a MOSFET whilst the second does not. I could be wrong though.

Archived