AK47 high speed motors and set up?

AK47frizzle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so, i'm planning on upgrading my CYMA gearbox I have on my world's-shittest-ak47.

I wasn't fond of AK47s at the start, actually, i hated the look because it resembled a terrorist... but over the years, i've grown to love the look and now i'm quite fond of them.

I reckon the CYMA gearbox shell can take it, it seems pretty tough.

Anyways, what are some good speedy motors for ak47's? And also gears if necessary.

Also, kinda looking for a 20-25 rps kinda fire rate with every shot fired successfully.

Also, I'm kinda looking for a new body kit for my ak47 since my one is top-class-bullshit. A metal body kit for an ak47 so that i can fit my gearbox in it properly and a new hop up chamber so that I can gain full auto once again!

If i'm not allowed to get a new gun, i'll just work on my AK47 till it's perfect!

The new recent AK-12 is the kinda look i'm wanting but... can't find any and can't imagine it's cheap.

So, the least i'm looking is a not too expensive motor and gears if necessary. Body kit of possible, railed.

• Supporters

Your post confuses me.

You want 30rps, but can't do full auto because you need to replace your hop unit...

Any one of those statements on their own would make sense, but together I really don't understand. (You can't have that high rps since you've only got semi and the hop unit should never affect fire selection/gearbox function).

That aside, The only Finius-approved motor ranges are the TM/Guarder/ICS/Systema ones. None will be particularly cheap but look in that direction for swishness. You can get these EVERYWHERE. They're so well known and so decent that your own mother probably has some in the kitchen. Try there first, if she hasn't got any, just take food as compensation for your efforts. Then try anywhere online.

If the gears are stock CYMA you shouldn't need to make much of a change in terms of robustness at that RPS. They're designed to deal with stupid spring tensions and I've always found that a simple downgrade of spring has always turned every CYMA I've owned into an indestructible fire-stick of doom.

Yours may be different as you've said you've had problems. A Modify V.3 high-speed gear set would probably be a nice drop in replacement if the stock-gears explode (be wary, they could take an eye out), or if they don't achieve the results you want. WGCshop stock Modify stuff by the lorry load.

As for bodykits, that nowadays is a little more challenging. It used to be that everybody and their dog made AK bits, now you're looking at just a couple of major contenders and the only way to get metal front end and back is to buy a FULL conversion kit, very few people sell the front block at a reasonable price individually (last time I check you could only buy them with grips and the cheapest I found was £79.99).

G&P kits are good and they do sell AK-12/X47 style kits, check LWA or Z1 for those.

If you want your AK to look like a genuine pimp-stick then you want something made by LCT. Check WGCshop for those at the most reasonable prices, again they have some awesome X47 kits.

This would be quite expensive but the plus side is you can sell the entire shell and old gearbox parts for spares, or keep them for repairs in the future.7

If you try the individual hong-kong/china retailers (RSOV, Airsoft Club, eHobby etc) you may find SOME individual parts to convert your AK and it may be cheaper but I've found you can nearly never get EVERYTHING which always leaves you wanting the original conversion kit that was a bit too costly anyway and the gun itself looking horribly mismatched in coloration etc.

I've been out of the upgrades market for a year+ now so feel free to disagree with me, that said, I did used to be an AK God.

Your post confuses me.

You want 30rps, but can't do full auto because you need to replace your hop unit...

Any one of those statements on their own would make sense, but together I really don't understand. (You can't have that high rps since you've only got semi and the hop unit should never affect fire selection/gearbox function).

if you read my review of the gun, i did say the gearbox didn't align perfectly with the hop up because it was not compatible, so it did not feed very well, that's why i need a new body kit and hop up chamber so I can finally spray again!

I say save the money and try source out a Dboys steel body kit(Or LCT kit,bit 'spesnive),along with the new hop and barrel. The CYMA CM02 gearbox is pretty solid for the price,I say focus on making your AK less shit externally.

However,I'm not sure on legality,maybe you can spray some parts of the kit two tone before installation?

I say save the money and try source out a Dboys steel body kit(Or LCT kit,bit 'spesnive),along with the new hop and barrel. The CYMA CM02 gearbox is pretty solid for the price,I say focus on making your AK less shit externally.

However,I'm not sure on legality,maybe you can spray some parts of the kit two tone before installation?

yeh, i would defo do that, probs dark blue like those G&G two tones

I built a trigger response/kinda high speed build.

My parts list,most of the parts were taken out of broken guns that were upgraded(Reason I loved my local shop,shame they closed)

(Parts list is just the basic gist,I rebuilt the whole gearbox since the CYMA CM031 one was kinda shit)

SHS HIgh Torque motor

SHS 13:1 High speed Gears Gen 3

Unknown brand mosfet to protect trigger contacts

ASG Ultimate/Lonex Piston

M80 spring

Shimming,AOE,Radius on gearbox

Tokyo Marui V3 gearbox shell

Ran all this and a 9.9v LiFE battery.

I built a trigger response/kinda high speed build.

My parts list,most of the parts were taken out of broken guns that were upgraded(Reason I loved my local shop,shame they closed)

(Parts list is just the basic gist,I rebuilt the whole gearbox since the CYMA CM031 one was kinda shit)

SHS HIgh Torque motor

SHS 13:1 High speed Gears Gen 3

Unknown brand mosfet to protect trigger contacts

ASG Ultimate/Lonex Piston

M80 spring

Shimming,AOE,Radius on gearbox

Tokyo Marui V3 gearbox shell

Ran all this and a 9.9v LiFE battery.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHS-HIGH-TORQUE-AEG-MOTOR-SHORT-TYPE-/151104454329?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item232e86feb9

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AEG-Airsoft-MOSFET-Switch-with-Active-Braking-/130873102309?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item1e78a50fe5

would both of these do for a start? (externals are a bit too expensive for now, sticking with internals)

Those will do fine,coupled with a LIFE trigger response should be good and ROF will increase.

I say try grab a set of Super Shooter 13:1 Gears,they are new on the market but seem pretty solid.

Remember,you will need to reshim and possibly re grease the gearbox and correct AOE to really get most out of your upgrades

Do you know what hop up unit to get? You might also need to do some dremeling because DE loves you very much,

Those will do fine,coupled with a LIFE trigger response should be good and ROF will increase.

I say try grab a set of Super Shooter 13:1 Gears,they are new on the market but seem pretty solid.

Remember,you will need to reshim and possibly re grease the gearbox and correct AOE to really get most out of your upgrades

Do you know what hop up unit to get? You might also need to do some dremeling because DE loves you very much,

i've already shimmed the gears, perfect aoe and greased it with the good stuff, there is no play or wobble in the gears at all.

And, i can't really get a hop up yet because the fact that the front end assembly on my DE ak is just being a knob and doesn't fit a normal hop up unit which totally screws up the need for a new hop up chamber, even though dremeling might work, i think i'll just go for a new metal body.

If I would buy a hop up chamber, I would need to buy a new front end where the hop up sits which I can't find any on it's own, they are usually sold with other things which can cost £90+.... so i'm sticking to trigger response for now and ROF for now even though full auto doesn't work that well.

So, motor and mosfet for now. Later on, i'll look into gears, then further on I will try and find a complete AK body kit that's not too expensive.

I think it's better to go for a new body and hop first,honestly,then you can get your gun shooting properly and not being shit,then follow up with motor,mosfet and gears.

The CM02 gearbox is great when AOE corrected and shimmed,it should perform well,focus on hop and body to get your gun bettah.

I'm trying to track down a Dboys AK body kit on the interwebs,I swear they were widely available ages ago,now they seem to be gone.

I think it's better to go for a new body and hop first,honestly,then you can get your gun shooting properly and not being shit,then follow up with motor,mosfet and gears.

The CM02 gearbox is great when AOE corrected and shimmed,it should perform well,focus on hop and body to get your gun bettah.

I'm trying to track down a Dboys AK body kit on the interwebs,I swear they were widely available ages ago,now they seem to be gone.

i've seen some lCT full ak74 kits but they go for well over £100.

The G&P ak47 ris kits seem good but still go well over £100

This is probably the best i;ve seen yet http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p2019/G&P-AK47-METAL-BODY/product_info.html but it's out of stock and doesn't show price...

i've search both ak47 and ak74 kits and the link above is the closest I got to

• Supporters

I bought one of these and I'm very happy with it. Problem is i can't find my receipt and i'm fcuked if i can remember where i bought it from. I'm pretty sure it was somewhere in the UK though.

I've been using an ICS Turbo 3000 motor in my CYMA Tac AK - I've shredded a few sets of CYMA gears with it and the sector gears from a few others, including Systema. Recently I bought a set of ICS fast quiet helical gears (MC-108). I got a day of skirmishing out of them, but the next day I fired it and was greeted by a horrendous screech. I've messed with it a few times since and I cant work out what the problem is, but I'm pretty sure it's AOE because it runs sweet on its perfect shim job without the spring in.

TBH i don't even want a monster ROF, it's just for the trigger response.

hmm, i guess i'll stick to motor and mosfet for now.

Externals can wait for later in life since I don't really skirmish anymore (£££)

Well, i am going to Hong Kong next summer as we plan to see our grand parents, if I can't buy a full gun and take it back to the UK, i'll just buy a shit tonne of AK upgrades and externals since stuff is cheaper there and bring it all back to the UK, and since it won't all be a full gun, i'll be fine without ukara interfering.

• Supporters

You'd best get some skirmishes in before you go turning your hybrid into a RIF, otherwise 'manufacturing' a RIF will be illegal.

Archived