Tactical vest/rig lightweight mobility for smaller chap?

flanders56
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ive had a few suggestions from helpful people on here through other posts but im wanting to make a definitive decision soon so the more help the better.

Im 5 foot 7 (170) weighing about 10 and a half stone (65kg) so quite slight. Im going to be using an m4 so need space for potentially 4 m4 mags and a few other things but i will be packing pretty light as I like to be quite agile and lightweight. Im wanting somthing that is not going to be baggy and weigh me down .

Links to items would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Begadi make some cheap M4 chest rigs in a few camos:

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/searchresults.aspx?searchterm=begadi%20M4%20chest

There's also the Bulle option:

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/mainsearch.php?zoom_query=bulle+chest+rig&zoom_and=0&zoom_cat%5B%5D=-1

The 1st 3 have M4 mag pouches built into them, I think they have a slight edge on Begadi ones except the side pouches can obstruct arm movement.

However, Tactical Tailor make the Mini MAV, an extremely small & lightweight MOLLE rig:

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/tactical-tailor-mini-mav-23019-1717-p.asp

As the pictures show, it can fit multiple M4 mag pouches as well as some pistol mag/torch pouches. I own this rig and it's very well made, all the TT products are made in the USA. They can survive some pretty rough treatment as well.

I use this myself and i'm a bigger chap so having something adjustable is important. It also adjusts to a very small size too and has plenty of storage, is lightweight and also has an excellent hydration back pack option if desired that replaces the back straps so it fits perfectly! Price is pretty good too!

I use this myself and i'm a bigger chap so having something adjustable is important. It also adjusts to a very small size too and has plenty of storage, is lightweight and also has an excellent hydration back pack option if desired that replaces the back straps so it fits perfectly! Price is pretty good too!

Oh yeah, it comes in Black, OD, Coyote tan and A-TACS

• Supporters

I think that Bulle Recon Chest Harness is the way forward for light weight gear worn on the front of the torso and it's a not a bad price, although obviously it needs pouches.

• Supporters

Bulle lightweight chest rig would by my recommendation as well. For the quality they produce the prices are incredibly low, that's before even accounting for the fact you won't need to buy any pouches to get started.

On the other hand of course if you want to trade off a bit more cost the increased flexibility then the recon chest rig (which is easily the most copied rig design out there) or the MLE harness will both fit your criteria nicely. You do save some weight by having the fixed pouches, just depends where you see yourself in a year or two in terms of wanting to carry other kit.

Archived