Rare guns you've seen or would like to see

Ansome Jack
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would they always be M16s to you??? The AR-15 came first did it not?

A universal platform makes sense....

isn't the AR15 just a platform? Never realised it was an actual gun. I just though it was the name of the template. (Can't explain it very well)

Besides, I personally like it. But, haters gonna hate :)

AR-15, semi-auto, Created by ArmaLite and bought out by Colt.

Colt then turned it into the M16.

Every other AR style gun branches off from it's design.

Well there hasn't been much innovation in AR pattern weapons past adding kits for different calibers. The last major development was the M4 carbine, and we're talking 20 years or so ago.

• Supporters

Theres been a lot of updates and new parts from hundreds of manufacturers producing a lot of innovative products for them.

There's been more updates in the M4/M16 series that most other rifles as far as I can see.

Its not just different calibres but different systems entirley, look at the HK416's pistol system for example. Then there's things like the .50 cal Beowolf thing and left handed kits. Probably not huge innovations but with all of the various companies producing things for them, they're probably the most 'complete' rifle system.

Well now we're talking about the civilian market, I was looking at it from a military perspective. I can see your point though.

• Supporters

Even in the military though its been through a fair few changes, back from the early AR's in Vietnam up to the 416's and mk18's etc being used today.

They've had more changes and updates than most others :D

Ah, but it's not as if the common US infantryman will see any of the fancy weapons you mentioned in his own career, will he? However, the standard UK infantryman will see the newer additions in the SA80 family, such as the L86 and the L22 quite frequently

But why does this point have to be limited to military use only?

MP's point still stands.

I know, so let's end this here thing.

Anyway, I think a GBB AA-12 would be a nice change in the shotgun market, maybe a USAS-12 as well for Russian/Asian setups?

Screw the AA-12 or USAS. You'll get all the cod noobs surrounding you at game days :P

Plus i've never seen the need for an auto shotgun in airsoft.

Keltec FTW

Kel-Tec_KSG_Shotgun_Oleg_Volk_12.jpg

Screw the AA-12 or USAS. You'll get all the cod noobs surrounding you at game days :P

I couldn't see how a full auto shotty would work, it would just be like an AEG.

also COD n00bs wouldn't surround you because they'll just run down the centre of the field and get lit up like a BBQ. (pretty bad analogy) :D

(surrounding someone requires tactics. COD & tactics = no-no)

Keltec FTW

Kel-Tec_KSG_Shotgun_Oleg_Volk_12.jpg

hell, you could probably fit 3 TM shotguns in there, be a bugger to cock, but for a 9rd shot, it'd be worth it lol.

where do I sign up?

• Supporters

hell, you could probably fit 3 TM shotguns in there, be a bugger to cock, but for a 9rd shot, it'd be worth it lol.

where do I sign up?

Or just use TM's new shotgun system from the upcoming m870, fires 6 per trigger pull as opposed to the old three (can still fire 3 too with the flick of teh switch)

Or just use TM's new shotgun system from the upcoming m870, fires 6 per trigger pull as opposed to the old three (can still fire 3 too with the flick of teh switch)

I thought that was going to be a gas shotgun system?

The bottom 2 chambers are independent so you can manually chose which side you're loading from.

In theory in the real one you could load one side with buckshot, and the other with something non-leathal. Making it awesome for a police weapon.

Holds 15 shells (7+7+1).

I can't see TM making one, and other brands might just chose to keep the lower tubes as magazines.

Would sell my kidney for a shell ejecting one though. Real ones are only $1200 though XD

• Supporters

It is, so would therefore be even better.
Pulling back 3 tri-shot springs in one would be very hard to do, a gas version would require near enough no effort.

Shell ejecting would be nice tariq, but is just so impractical in use i think it would reduce sales.

Playing Medal of Honor. Just thought of the Mcmillan Tac.

canadian-tactical.gif

I made a thread about this a couple of months back. That is one of the sexiest looking sniper rifles ever, I'd love to see one in airsoft form.

Tariq, you do realize that the Keltec KSG you posted a pic of made an appearance in Modern Crapfare 3? :P

Damn. No i do not since i have not really played it.

I don't hear people boasting about how they get 100000 kill steaks with one so i never really knew :P

It was also in Deus Ex, but that's an acceptable game.

I never really played it either borrowed it off a friend and saw how shit it was. Gave it back the next day :D

But yeah, I think an airsoft version of the KSG would be pretty good however you'd have to make the double tubular magazine mechanically viable otherwise it would just make the gun pointlessly heavy

• Supporters

I don't see the double mag being a problem - the RS one works, and all that's needed is to get the shell into the chamber so an airsoft one could surely use pretty much the same system. I want one :)

Oh yeah, and an airsoft Bren, George.

I never really played it either borrowed it off a friend and saw how shit it was. Gave it back the next day :D

But yeah, I think an airsoft version of the KSG would be pretty good however you'd have to make the double tubular magazine mechanically viable otherwise it would just make the gun pointlessly heavy

The SPAS or the M3 isnt pointlessly heavy and the tubes dont actually do anything...

Archived