TM Glck18c upgrade path?

Spatch
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

well, i bought myself a new TM glock18c and i'd like to get a little more from it, i'm a total realist, i'm not expecting 50m from it but would just like a bit more

i have plenty of AEG experience but very little knowledge of gas, what i'm asking is, what is the best path to go down? what parts am i looking for?

AF-UK seems to hold a fairly vast knowledge compared to the other (eliteist) forum everyone bangs on about so if anyone can spare some for me i'd be very greatful

There are a few things you could try to improve the range:

- Change the hop up unit (although the TM ones are usually quite good as standard)

- Fit a mock suppressor and extend the inner barrel

- Use more powerful gas (This will cause more wear and tear on your gun, especially on full-auto

- Use heavier bbs

Try heavier bbs and different gas first, which should work. If not, then consider buying upgrade parts. I use .30g bbs and green gas in my desert warrior (No upgrades) and it has more than enough range.

Hope this helps mate.

Thanks for that Dave, was a little concerned about using high power gas as so many people seem to say it rips the guns apart, its not like it gets drawn a huge amount so was thinking about just upgrading the loading nozzle and running 0.28

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

I know this is bit of a necro, but I thought I'd leave this link here for anyone who happens upon this thread any time in the future. It outlines 90% of the current internal/external replacement parts for the TM G18c, their pros, cons and any compatibility issues.

Archived