I really cannot decide

SgtTalbert
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

I really like both these support weapons, however, cannot decide between them!

http://www.jdairsoft.net/product/ae648b84-4240-4c98-ad00-afd9bad951f3.aspx

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-support-weapon/cyber-gun-fn-minimi-mk46.htm

Anyone had any skirmishing experiences with either model?

pros/cons of RL trials etc...?

Cheers,

Tal

Friend has the M60.

Brilliant gun, except after 5 outings it's shredded its hop rubber. He was running it on 11.1v lipos though.

Well thats good to know!

is A&K a bad make? Ive read/heard bad things but then again, ive heard teh same about ARES :S

Internals are apparently worse than ARES, but externals seem to be a bit nicer. From what i've heard though.

With my A&K M60vn the only bad thing about it is the box mag set is a bit fragile and hop requires a bit of a mod, other than that it's a good gun, the gearbox is very sturdy and well made, and the body is solid, could've been made with slightly better metals, but it is still very good for the price.

ah cool, thanks geoff

I'm thinking of getting this for the box mag (should it turn out to be a nusense) http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/mag-2500rds-cartridge-drum-pouch-magazine-for-ca-top-m249-olive-drab.html

In terms of the hop, I assume I can put another hop in should I wish? I probably would do this when I pop a TB in

Cheers

It wouldn't fit my M60, but the review says it'll fit M249, albeit the gearbox will be the same, however the box mag might be better, I'd personally see how things go and only replace if it is indeed crap, or it breaks.

oh yeah definitely, id only spend the money should I need

I hear A&K are a direct clone of CA so thats good i guess

Are you able to confirm if the hop can be changed?

I think im going to go for the MK46...

I'll defo upgrade the barrel and the hop (may be madbul for both)

Box mag - if it fails or breaks then I'll replace for the MAG M249 version which I've heard v good things about

thanks guys

I have a mk46 brought it for £249 posted only downside is the micro switch has gone tits up, when put battery in it goes full auto without pulling trigger

I've found the Classic Army MK46 SPW for same price as the A&K so I'm going to go for the CA

Will order on Monday and post pics when it arrives :)

Archived