G&G cm16 gbb reviews

lemon191
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hey guys im thinking of getting one of these but was wondering if any of you know of any decent reviews of them as i cant really find much on them tbh.

are they any good out of the box? (not expecting top line performance obviously but something to equal the performance of the aeg range)

and these seem to get advertised as a low maintenance gbb compared to others but whats still involved with keeping them properly?

• Supporters

I don't really see the appeal to be honest. They don't have a proper blowback mechanic, the bolt doesn't lock on the last shot and they're made of plastic. To me the whole point of a GBBR is for the realism and this fails at every hurdle.

It's basically a TM recoil shock rifle that runs on a far more temperamental power source, uses tiny magazines, but for a fraction of the price.

I think the price is the only selling point really and since it's not really a "true" GBBR, I'd actually rather just get the standard G&G Combat Machine. I imagine it's probably better.

yeah i saw the review on zero and that was what made me first consider it tbh, although have to say ive never run anything lower than mid caps so 30rd mags would be quite a shock to the system but would imgine would get used to it after a few games. are there any other brand mags that fit? and how many do you recommend to run

how many mid caps do u run a game and whats there capacity ? if you go through say 300 rounds a game (so say 3-4 mid caps) then to do the same you will need to spend £350 on just the mags alone then theres the gas add say another £30 for filling them each gameday pluss the rifle itself £150 you may aswell just buy a tm recoil series or theres that new bolt b4a1 (seen it on wolf armouries) its ment to have even more recoil than the t.m recoils and its only £300

I don't really see the appeal to be honest. They don't have a proper blowback mechanic, the bolt doesn't lock on the last shot and they're made of plastic. To me the whole point of a GBBR is for the realism and this fails at every hurdle.

It's basically a TM recoil shock rifle that runs on a far more temperamental power source, uses tiny magazines, but for a fraction of the price.

I think the price is the only selling point really and since it's not really a "true" GBBR, I'd actually rather just get the standard G&G Combat Machine. I imagine it's probably better.

i see what you mean which was partly why i wanted to see some other reviews than just the one on zeroin but the ones you name to be better are also far more pricey to boot.

i just fancy a bit of a change tbh im always open to suggestions!

how many mid caps do u run a game and whats there capacity ? if you go through say 300 rounds a game (so say 3-4 mid caps) then to do the same you will need to spend £350 on just the mags alone then theres the gas add say another £30 for filling them each gameday pluss the rifle itself £150 you may aswell just buy a tm recoil series or theres that new bolt b4a1 (seen it on wolf armouries) its ment to have even more recoil than the t.m recoils and its only £300

tbh i more often than not default to semi without thinking so i dont go through massive amounts of ammo anyway and i normly have a few mid caps plus a high cap as back up but i can adapt pretty easily.

i think your best bet would be to buy a box of 30 rnd mags then try them out in ur aeg for a gameday and see if you like them that way if you dont you have only spent £40 and could sell them on

• Supporters

If you're going to do that, then just load 30 shots into your mid caps, that's what I do. Since real caps only fit 30 and you typically lose 4 rounds when reloading, real caps only actually give you about 26 shots.

9 full plungers full from a speedloader will load enough ammo for you to fire 30 shots and account for the 4 that get dropped. It's how I load all my mags.

I run with 12 real caps but in my experience from having a GBBR, you worry quite a lot about the gas as well as just the ammo. I never had more than 6 mags for my GBBR (that's about £200 on mags) and I usually lasted hour long games with ammo to spare. You adapt immediately. I don't think you need a "getting used to it" period.

Another thing to add though, have you considered the weight of metal gas magazines for a rifle? 2 or 3 weigh about the same as a full metal pistol.

I used to have a gas M16 and I carried 6 mags for it. My rig must've weighed about 10kg and the gun was at least 5. I was knackered after the first game most of the time, especially considering the bulk of the weight in an M16 is quite a distance from your body. You can forgo that issue with a plastic GBBR though lol.

just thought id update, in the end i decided to buy one from proairsoft. ive only ordered the gun for now so will get a feel for it when it comes on wednesday to see if i like it enough to plow the money in to mags for it atleast then if it turns out crap i wont have lost much money.

will post some thougts on it when it comes.

update: got the gun in the post and have had a play with it and im pretty impressed tbh the externals feel nice and solid no creaks from the hand guard etc (only bad bit is the stock which feels abit cheap if im honest but you dont notice it when useing it) the recoil is good fun. and the noise it makes is pretty loud compared to my aegs and its a nicer noise to. only issue so far is feeding issues but im useing brand of bb that i got from my local site called geoffs so that could be the issue ill try orderinga better brand and give them a try, if i can get the feeding sorted then ill be happy to buy some more mags and run it on my next game day.

the mags are pretty weighty and ive managed to drop one already lol but it survived un damaged and working which is a good thing lol.

i just checked and geoffs is the same brand that my site sells silver riptop bag with a green and blue logo? i have never had any feed issues with the few bags i have bought when i forgot ammo.

i just checked and geoffs is the same brand that my site sells silver riptop bag with a green and blue logo? i have never had any feed issues with the few bags i have bought when i forgot ammo.

that would be because i got them from close action lol. and neither of my aegs have had any issues with them either but ive read that the gbb cm16 is abit fussy about bbs ill have another search see if i can find a brand that work.

lol

I there

I bought one 2 months back and added 3 more mags. Not that happy with it to tell you the truth

Not used it all day yet, first time i used it it was running hot at 38pfps

bought different gas 144a as recomended and it was operating at 33ofps but vented gas repeatedly after 3 mags worth.

Left it until mid-day when the weather got warmer and it seemed to work OK but had to keep my eye on it venting if you fired to rapidly.

Also buidl not that good. Stock tube came loose and needs repeated tightening, eventually added a spring washer to keep it tight

Also locking pin fell out of the body and I need to spend £7.99 on 2 new pins.

Mags slippy and heavy so tend to drop them easily

I wouldn't buy another GBB not until I've got this one sorted. Im goign to wait until spring before I take it out again. I'm using my G&G CM16 EAG for now

cheers for the input havent been to a game day yet so havent had it chronoed but what ammo did you use with it?

as for the gas issue that sounds like the same problem alot of gas weapons have in the cold.

ill keep an eye on the stock though its solid atm but time will tell!

• 2 weeks later...
I there

I bought one 2 months back and added 3 more mags. Not that happy with it to tell you the truth

Not used it all day yet, first time i used it it was running hot at 38pfps

bought different gas 144a as recomended and it was operating at 33ofps but vented gas repeatedly after 3 mags worth.

Left it until mid-day when the weather got warmer and it seemed to work OK but had to keep my eye on it venting if you fired to rapidly.

Also buidl not that good. Stock tube came loose and needs repeated tightening, eventually added a spring washer to keep it tight

Also locking pin fell out of the body and I need to spend £7.99 on 2 new pins.

Mags slippy and heavy so tend to drop them easily

I wouldn't buy another GBB not until I've got this one sorted. Im goign to wait until spring before I take it out again. I'm using my G&G CM16 EAG for now

would you say the electric blowback version is better . does it has a good recoil system on the electric version ?

Archived