Grenade launcher

adamasrc
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is this change an attempt to ensure that two-toned guns continue to have over 50% of the gun painted?

Would it apply if someone without a defence ordered a new stock or other part?

50% of the gun would still be painted as the stock, hand guard and middle (not sure of the name, new to airsoft) are all blue, and i am a member of first and only just not completed my 3 games yet

• Supporters

I've seen this discussed many time on various other boards before, you need a VCRA defence to purchase 40mm launchers. Grenade launchers are firearms, that's all there is to it, so replicas fall under the restrictions. Just because it's 40mm instead of 7.62 or 5.56 doesn't matter.

im planning on adding a grenade launcher to a two-tone gun i own, i don't yet have UKARA but would i need UKARA to add it to a two tone? cheers

Seen a luancher a web site for sale and it doen't stake tbat you need to have a ukara for a luancher if your in doubt about it ring a ukara based retailer and ask if you see if your able to purchase it without ukara. But if you can prove that you a regular skirmisher and registered at a site (pos card number) and they may sell it to you. Will be a simple yes or no from them and saves alot of hassle if you try to buy it online hope this helps

• Supporters

My understanding of it would be as follows:

An underslung launcher is an accessory

a standalone launcher (M79 Thumper etc) would be a firearm in it's own right.

Do you need UKARA to buy an Eotech? no, It's an accessory.

Do you need UKARA to buy an underslung? No, It's an accessory.

Do you need UKARA to buy an M4? Yes, It's a standalone system.

Do you need UKARA to buy an M79 etc? yes, it's a standalone system.

If it can be removed from the rifle, it CANNOT class as part of what can be two toned.

arguments could be made that you can remove stocks, grips etc, but then you don't have a useable rifle, do you?

• Supporters

Everything I've ever read and been advised by various legal types and folks who were involved in the formation of the airsoft specific defence within the VCRA is that 40mm launchers require said skirmishers defence, so that's the line I stick with personally. Aesthetically, the difference can be very much minimal between a weapon mounted and stand-alone unit, plus an under-barrel master key (for example) will look exactly like a stockless shotgun to an armed police officer at a distance.

Grabbed this from F-S's website which unfortunately is fairly grey/unclear:

If you are under 18 years of age, it will be illegal for you to buy an airsoft gun (pistol rifle or grenade launcher), this does not affect parts, accessories, shells, ammo or gas. It will also be illegal for anyone to sell a gun to you, whether you are a skirmisher or not

To my mind a weapon mounted launcher is not an accessory, they look like they could fire a projectile, foregrips and PEQ boxes do not. I've also never known any player, organisation, association or retailer define a UGL as an accessory, so my recommendation to anyone is always play it on the safe side, but if others disagree that's up to them, I'm not aware of any defining legal document that officially makes the classification being in existence at this time.

Everything I've ever read and been advised by various legal types and folks who were involved in the formation of the airsoft specific defence within the VCRA is that 40mm launchers require said skirmishers defence, so that's the line I stick with personally. Aesthetically, the difference can be very much minimal between a weapon mounted and stand-alone unit, plus an under-barrel master key (for example) will look exactly like a stockless shotgun to an armed police officer at a distance.

Grabbed this from F-S's website which unfortunately is fairly grey/unclear:

To my mind a weapon mounted launcher is not an accessory, they look like they could fire a projectile, foregrips and PEQ boxes do not. I've also never known any player, organisation, association or retailer define a UGL as an accessory, so my recommendation to anyone is always play it on the safe side, but if others disagree that's up to them, I'm not aware of any defining legal document that officially makes the classification being in existence at this time.

fair enough, but two shops have disagreed with this and i've seen them online and there's no need for ukara, however i'm in no rush to buy one and buy the time i do get one, i'll probably have ukara anyway

Archived