Old bill.

jcheeseright
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Just had 2 very nice police officers pay me a visit at home. A month or so ago I ordered an EOTech scope riser from Brownells.com, apparently as it went through customs here in the UK some flags were raised and it got held back, police were contacted and told I was ordering parts capable of manufacturing a firearm. This led to 2 plain clothes police officers knocking on my door this morning asking me what it was exactly I've ordered, and why I ordered it, a quick explanation that it was a mount for a scope led them to ask 'a scope for what?'...

20 mins in my living room with a few RIFs and a fairly in depth conversation about what airsoft is and how the guns work led to 2 probable new players, one of them went so far as to take a photo of both my SCAR and 5-7 so he could tell his wife exactly what he wanted for his birthday!

All in all, a potentially very uncomfortable situation which turned out to be quite benign.

• Supporters

Bloody hell... if the amount of RS gun stuff any given player has imported is directly proportional to the size of police force that pay you a visit, the whole of SO19 could be on their way right now... *gulp*

Glad to hear it all turned out alright though mate. Police (heck, even the military) over here can be so damn paranoid over anything even vaguely firearms related sometimes, despite the fact the item in question is generally no more dangerous than a blunt fork.

"Oh no! A veritcal grip! Won't somebody think of the children!"

Nice to see a more positive outcome for a change.

Had something similar happen to me, officer had information of stolen tyres and my step-dad owns a business selling tyres (He didn't break the law by the way :P)

She entered the house and I was doing tech work on my AK, explained it to her and she seemed interested as her son had been telling her about it :D

a friend of mine had a incident with the police related to airsoft they raided his house due to a facebook picture with a cyma ak74 in the back of his van when they found it they thought was real until one of them pulled the fake breach back only to discover a hop up unit lol

Archived