G&G UMG

rockey5uk
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello guys recently purchased a G7G umg and i love the gun its fantastic

but have a few questions so i play in bristol airsoft for those of you who dont know it its a CQB site

in a old court house with prison cells ect. it does however get very dark so i have ordered a red dot sight and tac light also a front grip

which is fine

however i would also like to fire tracer BB's to help with aiming and making sure people are taking there hits ect ect

it almost seems impossible to get tracers on a UMG as the hop up units are only for the M4's from what ive seen - and also need alot of hard wirering ect which i dont fancy doing atm

havnt seen any tracer mags and apparently there rubbish anyway

and ofc with the UMG you can only use the quick detatch supressor whicht dosnt come in a tracer option

i have heard rumors of getting a tracer suppressor and modding the umg suppresor with the internals

has anyone got any advice or hints and tips?

Many Thanks

Sam

If your gun has 14mm threads it will be possible to mount any tracer suppressor to it, without using a specific QD suppressor. You could go the hop-up route, but as you mentioned it would be difficult to do but wouldn't alter the ergonomics of the weapon. Remember any extra length is bad for you in CQB usually! (No penis jokes please, Craig, I'm looking at you!)

• Supporters

Well suppressors in my experience have all been metal tubes with screw on bits at either one, or both ends and sometimes have foam in the middle.

I would wager the suppressor tracer units can be taken apart for fitting batteries and what not, so I'd get one, take the guts out and if you can get one end off your UMP suppressor, just slide it in!

It probably won't be as easy as that, but that's the assumption I'd begin to base my internet searches off.

See if you can find out what the inner diameter of the tracer unit is and match it with your suppressor and if it matches, so long as you can get your suppressor apart I think it'll be plain sailing from there.

Good luck with it (Y)

Another option would be to just wire a light into a hicap, or just keep your ammo under a spot light in the safe zone, it ought to keep it's reflective charge long enough for the next game, I'd have thought anyway.

Well suppressors in my experience have all been metal tubes with screw on bits at either one, or both ends and sometimes have foam in the middle.

I would wager the suppressor tracer units can be taken apart for fitting batteries and what not, so I'd get one, take the guts out and if you can get one end off your UMP suppressor, just slide it in!

It probably won't be as easy as that, but that's the assumption I'd begin to base my internet searches off.

See if you can find out what the inner diameter of the tracer unit is and match it with your suppressor and if it matches, so long as you can get your suppressor apart I think it'll be plain sailing from there.

Good luck with it (Y)

Another option would be to just wire a light into a hicap, or just keep your ammo under a spot light in the safe zone, it ought to keep it's reflective charge long enough for the next game, I'd have thought anyway.

stupid question would a tac light be enough to light the tracer rounds?

• 2 weeks later...
On the topic of the Umg what battery will fit this ?

AK type stick

Archived