Arma 2 Mod DayZ

Flynn567
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yup. Headshots are always one shots :3 ... although im not sure about the makarov.

To get the rare gear you need to loot military bases. So that means going to the military tents at Stary which is a popular choice. Or looting the deer stands and fire stations at airfields. The high level weapons spawn in the barracks at the NW airfield and the best weapons in the game spawn at crashed chopper sites... Just be careful when going to these places. People like to leave traps. I've looted a chopper once only to be shot by a sniper who didnt want to go through all the zombies XD

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im always at the Firestations, deers stand, south airfield and nothing special :P

Only ever found bloodpacks at choppers :(

The barracks are at the NW airfield. I believe there are two there. One in the south, then one on the airfield just past the fire station. There are only three crashed choppas spawning in at a time, so the chances are somebody already looted it. They reset after every server restart though. Unless you're looking in the wrong place? Search the doors and at the tail of the chopper. The loot points can be really hard to find a lot of the time so just scan the ground like its a wheres wally puzzle until you find something :3

Didnt have too much time to search... 20 armored zombies around me :P

You should approach them once they have wondered off for a bit. I usually go prone and observe the site for about 5 minutes. By then they are a fair spread apart so I can crawl in and get what I want, then skidaddle off... Although I am not playing DayZ right now due to so many hackers =/ Im waiting for The War Z to come out :)

• Supporters

Still can't get in any games. Read that it was because different versions (Six Launcher updates to 1.7.2.4, latest version is 1.7.2.5). Tried manually updating to 1.7.2.5, tried to join a server on the same version, but still stopped on loading screen. Then used Six Launcher to update to 1.7.2.4, tried to join a server on the same version as me, got the same result. Also tried joining servers with different version, same result. Any help anyone?

This seems to be happening to a lot of people. The latest patch has messed up the game so much! The dev of the mod is not very good at patching. All I can suggest is you wait for the next patch. Also make sure you're using the right ARMA II Beta Patch.

• Supporters

I can get on some servers that are on version 1.7.2.4, but only a select few. Of about 20 tries, two worked.

Went on for about an hour yesterday, found a double barrelled shotgun in the outskirts of Elektro. Then this guy with ghillie and camo SVD ran by. Followed him a little while, watched him kill a few players for no apparent reason. Got right up behind him in a build (literally point blank), two shots back of the head, not even bleeding. He then turned around as I was reloading, missed me first shot with SVD, so I shot him again, still nothing. He then switched to pistol, I shot him again (still nothing), and he killed me instantly. Pretty sure that's what you call hacking?

Also, do you know what time it gets light on DayZ? As the only two servers I've found that work are early morning. Not pitch black, but too dark to see to start off properly.

• Supporters

Liam, I heard there's a n app called DayZ Commander or something, it's like an alternative to Six Launcher or something, I don't know all the details. But it seems like everyone's saying it's worth getting.

DayZ servers are locked in a real time day/night cycle. It goes off what time the server itself (the physical server) is set to. So if my server is in the UK (which it is) then it will get light at about 6am and get dark at about 7-8 pm. I've heard about Commander too but I have found installing the mod files manually to be easier than anything. Its pretty simple really. The Six Updater used to mess up for me in the past.

The commander is pretty useful.

Much easier to use than the SixLauncher, Can update ARMA and the DayZ files for you and are always up to date.

Also has a friend feature that shows who is in what server :)

• Supporters

May get DayZ Commander then, or just install manually, which is what I do when I mod any other game anyway.

I know it's dependant on what time a server's set to, but good to know it's light from 6am until 7pm. I like joining servers as they're getting light, can move about easier. Although, saying that, been on a quite populated server (20-30 players) for about 3 hours today, only seen a few other players, couple a long way off in Elektro as I was leaving, and then some random sniper running across an open field as I was sneaking through the woods around the field. He would have been such an easy kill if I had more than an AKM and M1911..

I prefer night.

less zombies so you can go outside more, rather than sticking to outskirts and forests :P

• Supporters

But I can't see anything at night. And there's nothing wrong with forests..

apart from there being no loot or nothing to escape from :P

Turn your gamma up to 2 for a cheap way to get some kind of night vision :P

Or just use your torch that you start with...

The torch is actually really good for night time as it does not attract zombies. Seriously you can shine it right in their face and they just dont give a poo. But it is a big "WOO LOOK AT ME IM OVER HERE" to other players on the server. You can see that thing quite a ways off. I use night vision mostly these days. The only problem is it doesnt work with my AS50 anymore :( but if you have a DMR it works with that. If I dont have night vision I mostly stay out of forests and stick my brightness/gamma up. But not to max as that mucks things up more. If you dont have the higher tier weapons then you should be okay to wonder around cities at night without caring much if you die from players. Besides its pretty fun to get into a night city firefight :) ... just dont use a shotgun. I made that mistake once. Wont make it again.

• Supporters

Well that sucks.. logged in on a server with two other players, in the middle of nowhere under a pine tree. As soon as I stood up and walked 2 steps, I got sniped..

Joined different server, spawned near Elektro, got killed instantly. Twice.

Changed server again, back to Elektro to try and get a few supplies (food, map, compass, handgun). Had hardly anything, M1911 and a few bandages, got killed.

What's the point in people killing players for no reason? And how are new players supposed to start out if you get killed as soon as you try to get anything you need?

some people are just dicks.

If this were real life my faith in humanity would just crumble.

My advice is to stop playing this game OR make a private hive and just play with your friends. I have basically turned off my server now because it's gotten to the point where it is unplayable. Even the dev of the mod doesnt care about the hackers. When he was doing an interview and playing DayZ with the interviewer, a hacker joined the server and blew up everything. He didnt say anything and just changed the topic.

I am waiting for The WarZ to be released as it actually lets you police your server and have a private server. The way DayZ is now... It's just stupid. Great game/concept ruined first by the new community, then made worse by the creator.

Its alright when you find a decent server at a good time, just can be pretty frustrating finding one :P

Not as bad as MW2 though. Ended up running my own server. oh the fun i had handing out bans, and being accused of hacking myself XD

Im guessing the title for the DayZ standalone game.

Its being released as a full game, not just a mod. So you'll get proper support, better features and a more dynamic engine as its hard to commit to ARMA2's aging UI etc.

Im guessing the title for the DayZ standalone game.

Its being released as a full game, not just a mod. So you'll get proper support, better features and a more dynamic engine as its hard to commit to ARMA2's aging UI etc.

when?

Only date i've seen is the Alpha phase of the stand alone game being released before the end of this year.

Buy it early and you'll save around $15 from the final release price.

Think of how minecraft was set up as from the beginning.

appears xbox are bringing out this on the arcade :) state of decay or something.....prob wait for that :)

Archived