Tablet Pc

Flynn567
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've got a samsung galaxy s2 (work phone) moto atrix and moto XOOM.

I love android, typing off my XOOM right now in fact.

Would defo recommend one.

My friend just got this and the performance is great, especially with the free case with built in keyboard

http://www.ebuyer.com/344245-scroll-extreme-tablet-pc-54242

My mum has a kindle and I've messed with a mate's I-pad. Got an S2 myself and a Samsung R780 laptop (will become relevant in a bit).

Personally I'd always pick a laptop over a tablet for the proper keyboard and better stuff for your cash. R780 is still around £700 same as when I bought mine nearly 2 years back now and for a 17" screen, an i3 processor, 500gb of memory and a graphics card that can play Skyrim. Considering its not skipped a beat and still plays brand new games it was not a bad buy.

Comparing top of the range I-pads and tablets (which peak at around £400) with similar laptops like the Dell inspiron 15 series (also around £400) and Dell wins hands down with bigger memory, battery and screens than the tablet equivalents.

Back more or less on topic:

Looking at the previous link I have to ask why its so cheap so I'll itemize it for you from what I've seen:

No android app store.

With the kit they've stuffed in there I would be very surprised to see it lasting over 5 hours of use despite what they say in the advertising.

With only 8GB of storage your not going to be putting many HD films on there seen as HD and blueray films are almost all above 7GB a piece (Max additional storage is also 32GB making total 39GB).

Finally their quite prominently advertising the external 3D and HDMI 1080p support which is puzzling considering tablets were there to fill the niche of on the go films, books and work. Wierdly enough I've never been on a train, plane, bus or in a car with a handy unused HD monitor to connect to... hmmm odd.

In the end it boils down to personal taste, and as the brother of a computer geek with a built in hatred of Apple products I recommend spending a bit extra and getting a solid laptop that will last you years. Then again it depends on what your using it for and why you want one.

I get along fine with my S2 until longer trips/journeys where I take my laptop for films, work and games.

Arnova 10b

Again the screen quality is wasted on most things with such a small memory size.

No battery specs posted, probably around the 4/5 hour mark from what I've heard.

Again no android market with licensing.

No room for external flash card memory leaving the only option as the usb which means that port is taken.

0.3 megapixel camera for video chat. Yes, you read correctly 0.3.... Phones have a standard of 3mp and thats iffy sometimes so I'll leave your imagination to deduce what a 0.3mp looks like.

Also its had some bad reviews on processing speed and downloads:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/archos-arnov...Tablet_comments

http://www.retrevo.com/s/Archos-Arnova-10-...952bh340/t/1-2/ Shows average at 2.3/5 from 24 reviews.

Again maybe I'm biased but I don't see it. Anyway, I shall stop commenting here unless someone specifically asks me something because I feel I've voiced my opinions enough now :P

• 1 month later...

Theres always the ASUS Transformer thing.

Its a tablet, but comes with a keyboard. Can change between a laptop and a tablet.

Archived