TM M4 SOPMOD

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Says it all really in the title, thinking of selling my KWA M4 RIS soon (any takers? ;) ) and getting one of these, hopefully in time for GZ. Used one for half a day at a skirmish once and was thoroughly impressed (until the battery ran out... DAVE!! <_< ), and that was a second hand one too! So yeah, if any of you have used one, whats it like, performance, range, reliability, is it really worth ALL that money (the big question here really) etc etc. :)

i think i know what your on about and yes there a great wee gun ive had one for 2-3 years now never had any major problems with it i had to add a m100 spring to it but if you are in England you can add a m120-m130 spring, the only thing i will say is get a lipo for it as it has an above average rate of fire.

• Supporters

They are brilliant guns, though I'd go for the socom so you can use normal batteries as the tm ones are pretty expensive.

Not much is going to beat them ootb without upgrades, probably the best thing under £500, except possibly the new team alpha ctw's

Their very good but the batterys on them are awful get a socom or front wire it and add a peq box.only thing is that you have to be careful off parts rattling off.i would reccomend either a tm scar blowback or a celcius ptw as they are top dollar.mags are £30 each but you wont regreat it as its a 1:1 replica of the real thing.some people have put reak steel rails on them

Its looking good so far for it then! Aye i haven't read/heard anything bad about them, just wanted to check on here too just to be on the safe side. Tbh im planning on getting Patrol Base to make a 9.6 battery for me in the tuning-fork style shape as i believe they only do 8.4s for it, but ill look into socom too cheers :) And haha aye a mates got a TM SCAR blowback, theyre very nice and i would get one BUT there's only 8 in the UK atm, sad sad times... :(

• Supporters

Get the SOCOM, it really is the way forward. They cost less, you can use whatever stock you like and the battery system (kind of a crucial thing in an AEG) is absolutely superior.

I've got 3 already and I'm looking at a 4th once I've got a TM SCAR bought and out of my system.

Aye, i might start hunting for a SOCOM with a crane stock (really like them, plus i hate battery boxes). If not ill still be getting the SOPMOD.

And haha shameless plug there Dave :P I thought you would comment on this thread eventually...

• Supporters

The SOCOM is still the way to go, even if you want rail space up front. Even if you're insistent on living in the stone age and still using NiMh there are a few options, if you've got LiPos then there's lots of rails that'll work for you; no fake PEQ box required.

Archived