Forces Entry Question.

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hi all, real quickie, I was rejected by the RAF due to a bad interview and low levels of fitness, they then stated I had to wait a year to apply again and could not reapply for the same trade (Gunner).

Can I apply for the army sooner, or am I disqualified from all applications for a year?

Will I be given the chance to rectify their opinion second time around (they thought I had objections to armed conflict because I said shooting people wasn't on my list of things I wake up wanting to do, when what I meant is that I'm not a murderous pyschopatch but I would happily shoot our enemies)?

Cheers, I asked my local AFCO and they didn't know, so AFUK - impress me!

in short, yes

however i wouldn't of said anything to your AFCO, the RAF and Navy are rather chummy, Army is all on it's own and doesn't share information with the others.

(been there, initially tried for Weapons systems operator (crewman) in the RAF, and Then CMT in the Army, if i hadn't wasted time with the RAF i might've been in the army by now).

and also the physical fitness in the army is hugely more than the RAF.

• Supporters

Hmmmmm, to be honest, I guess I won't risk it; the last think I want is for them to tell me to come back even later thanks to getting myself bollocked or something.

As for fitness, my fitness aint that bad, just the Corporal didn't believe me when I told her how quick I can improve myself (my body structure and genetics allow me to go from unfit to fit basically whenever I'm willing to put three weeks in at the gym; if I worked out daily like a lot of people I know do, I'd be like superman henchness)...

mate im a fat B*s*a*d and i passed my pre assement for the army,i think the navy and raf can be a bit funny sometimes.as long as you can run you will get in

haha tell them that i fluffed RAF regiment on sit ups! a year is a rather long time i was told six months before that trade was open again but hte rest were open :huh:

• 1 month later...

depending on what you want to do infantry para or another speciality, you do a mesured mile and a half run but train on 3 miles you have an 800 meter warm up then run, most want your time under 9 minuets for the mile and half, so just keep training as said the army is alone RAF and Navy are in bed with each other so apply for the army air corps maybe?

from what i remember if your fail the medical i.e. lung function you have to wait 6 months and if you fail again its four years after that you cant reapply and from what i remember for pre selection if easy as pie just dont go for paras as there mile and a half is with a 23kg bergen and in boots and dont join the logistics and try to trans fare to a infantry reg as they wont touch you.

hope you get in thought as i plan on rejoining myself

Archived