ukara question

CES_williamson
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

ok lately i have been getting question's on why i try to buy guns as i am 14 so i am going to ask you if what i do is ok so what happens is i work for my mum on weekends and she pays me nothing and as i work hard she is proud of me and some times likes to buy me something so what she does is tells me that i can have something and so i normally go for a gun as i love airsoft so i go on here or into action hobbies and find a gun i like and she buys it for me and gift's it to me not many people know about this and just think i am 14 and buying illegal guns so i am asking is this ok ? please help if not i will stop immediately ?

thanks for your time

charlie .

Yes your mum can gift you a gun, as I am assuming she is over 18.

However unless she is a regular skirmisher as well, then it will have to be a two tone gun.

No it is not illegal for you to have a IF (imitation firearm or two tone) or a RIF (realistic imitation firearm), but it is illegal for you to buy one yourself as you are under 18.

if she is genuinely gifting it to you and not expecting anything in return then its perfectly legal

on the two tone its not ilegal for you to be given/own a rif the laws only require a defence when you are buying so if you are gifted one (like your friend) then you are allowed to keep it as a rif

• Supporters

we're not arguing because i'm just telling you your gonna get naffed by a judge and your just replying for no reason other than covering your lie's

• Supporters

You lied in your PM to me before this thread in which you said Finius validated what ever you said as okay and when i showed him your PM he agreeed with me and said you had not told him about working for your mum

• Supporters

yeah what you on about Boro?

and Charlie it sucks i know but when you have a go just remember the other guy will have a bigger stick and i will use it to my advantage

• Supporters

It's because you're 14 - you can't purchase any guns (IF or RIF), only be gifted them. Gifted means doing/giving nothing in return, including working for your mum on weekends, tidying your room, etc.

If you want a RIF, then you'd have to get someone with a valid defence (e.g. UKARA) to gift you one. If there is no-one who can/will do that, then I'm afraid you're stuck with two-tones which are gifted.

You won't have to worry about painting a RIF in two-tone, because you won't be able to get a RIF without breaking the law (or getting your mum to come to a few games, or waiting until you're 18 and have a defence).

Archived