WE aegs

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thanks for pointing that out. Not familiar with the brand, but they look OK.

I have heard that the G&G is very good. About £230 with a very good fibre glass reinforced action and heavy bolt. But it only comes with midcap mags (which I prefer) and, I'm told, will only accept G&G mags  - which seems like a silly design decision if true.

I like midcaps but it's always nice to have access to a hicap when you need one.

The site round the corner to me sell them, and use them as hire guns. 

First generation were a bit ropey apparently, but gen2 with spring release seem ok

2 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks, but are you referring to the G&G or Specna?

I'm a big fan of the G36 but don't know which make to go for. Most seem to have problems, even the H&K licensed Umarex ones.

WE, your original question

• Supporters

G&g guns will take any standard STANAG mag, I have 3 G&g guns and I use a mix of mags, admittedly, you’ll find some won’t work. But most will.

3 hours ago, Prisce said:

G&g guns will take any standard STANAG mag, I have 3 G&g guns and I use a mix of mags, admittedly, you’ll find some won’t work. But most will.

Odly i have found that the G&G high cap mags that come with their guns dont seem to work great especially the p type mag like for the firehawk. Yet the guns are fantastic for the price. I have found my nuprol run great in my g&g and seem far better quallity mags. But arnt i right in thinking that nuprol are owned by we??? If so then thats even odder lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have a few Ares G36's and I highly recommend these. Others may disagree, but the build internally and externally are great. TM make great G36's but the shiny body puts me off, and the price.

The Ares G36's have a quick change spring guide, fold the stock round, remove the rear pin & cover and it's there.

Ares G36's also has the microswitch style trigger, they also do a EFCS (Electronic Fire Control System)

where it has a mosfet build into the gearbox & has a 2rd burst setting. These EFCS gearboxes are LiPo ready too.

Oh and the Ares G36's have electric blowback which is a nice gimmick, but does no favours for performance or reliability, still nice to have though. It can be enabled/ disabled easily by removing the recoil slide in top of the gearbox (1 screw).

Another great feature in the Ares ones is that you can change the outer barrel to fit a longer 'K' or 'E' version barrel as it has a barrel nut like the real thing :D

You'll find that the Umarex branded G36's are either OEM Ares or S&T. If it's the sportline one, it's most likely the inferior S&T brand. Umarex only license the G36's they don't necessarily make them.

Just my thoughts on the Ares one as I have alot of experience with it.

Ta

Archived