Fitting an m4 stock to an AK

Whitt
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am trying to fit a m4 stock to my cyma CM040D does anyone have any advice on what stock adaptor i need and how id do it?

[jokin' about hey]

You need:

1x paper

1x pen

1x AK based rifle

1x stool

1x rope

1x friend

Step 1:

Using the paper and pen,Describe your aims,in writing of how you will bastardize a fine rifle. Write a heartfelt and honest apology to the late Mikhail Kalashnikov and his family on destroying his design and ruining his legacy.

Step 2:

Send the letter to Izhmash(Soon to be called Kalashnikov Concern) through your local post office.

Step 3:

Place your AK between two branches on a tree or two supporting beams on a house to form a horizontal bar. Underneath,place a stool and stand on it.

Step 4:

Swing a rope over the AK and tie it in a knot. With the excess rope hanging down in front of you,tie a noose.

Step 5:

Place the noose over your head.Instruct your friend to make sure you are hanged until near death and to execute you via operator sepukku.

Step 6:

Kick the stool under you and proceed to hang yourself.

Step 7:

Your friend,as instructed will take your almost dead boy,still in shock and recovering from air loss, place you on the stool and execute you with an M1911 ''Chris Costa'' customized with a surefire flashlight held in Harris stance.

You are now in Hell. Proceed to get tortured by the Devil/Barack Obama for making travesty of fine rifle.

[srsface][actual answer]

You'll need an M4 stock and buffer tube for this. It attaches to the AK stock trunnion with the yellow bolt and the buffer tube with the black one,I think.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/stock-adapter-stock-model-p-5544.html

If the body was steel you could get a fixed trunnion on it with a bit of metalwork,but the CM040 has a zinc receiver I believe which cannot be welded and it't too weak for such mods.

This thread is very helpful on getting a buffer tube on an AK but like I said- It's hard to work with zinc.

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=102212.0

I'd save your money and buy a Real Sword Type-56 and not change anything!

I so want one!!!

I am not a fan of chinese AK's.

• Supporters

The woman who is in charge of exports at Concern Kalashnikov, Izhmash told me recently that they will begin industrial production of the airsoft AK-74 prototype they rolled out a couple of years ago, in July-ish 2014 - probably will be expensive, but since it will be a real AK-74 with airsoft bits inside, worth every penny I suspect...

My plan is to slowly get my overdraft down so that when the gun arrives to market I can spank it, but I couldn't resist the CM.048 any longer so that was mainly my seasonal/birthday pressie to myself... and there's also an £80 steel GP-30 that needs to go on it, oh and the shells... and the pouches for the shells... in the various colours/styles of my various loadouts... and I probably will not manage to save up enough OD to get the Kalashnikov until 2015!

But yeah, on the subject of saving your money for a better AK is what I'm on about.

I am not a fan of chinese AK's.

The type-56 is a carbon copy of the AK-47. The blueprints for the AK-47 were given to the Chinese and they named it the type-56.

It's an AK-47 made 1:1 scale to the real thing and it's also made with the same materials as the actual gun. It is the perfect airsoft AK.

Type 56 is a hybrid of the AK47 and AKM. The Soviets gave the AK47 blueprints to the Chinese by the time the AKM was made and the Chinese decided to take design cues from the AKM,like the stamped steel construction instead of milled steel. That and they changed some smaller things like using thicker steel(To make up for the lower quality of the steel) and a closed front sight.

The RS Type 56 is NOT made from real Norinco Type 56s,this was explained by RealSword's CEO some time ago at some show in Hong Kong. The gun is made 100% in Hong Kong by RealSword using 1:1 dimensions & materials(Weapons grade mild steel) of the real type 56. It was so good and so strong people thought it was made from a demilled Norinco.

• Supporters

There are idiosyncrasies about most of the CYMA models and some that stand out as very good / very poor. The lower the number, the older it is, but not necessarily worse. For eg the CM.030 Glock AEP has a very good reputation, CM.028 TM Clone AK-47 according to some people is hit & miss, but personally I've never met anyone whom had a 'miss' - my own CM.028U walked on water until I fucked it up by learning gun tech-ing on it, and then there's the lamented CM.031 AK-74 which was an entire manufacturing run of lemons.

The CM.039C is a TM clone, which as i say some people have issues with, but it's the only full metal one which takes an M4 buffer tube for a Crane Stock, without serious metal work, and people seem happy enough with them for that purpose. There are two relatively recent AK-47S's (without getting all gun-nerdy) and I'd guess that the CM.050 is better than the other lower numbered one b/c it is a VFC clone (as are the CM.048 & .048M - the best gun/cash deal currently on the market from taiwangun.com). Bear in mind however that the earlier AK's, M14's & MP5's came with a 6.04mm inner barrel as standard, whereas the later numbered ones are the standard stock 6.08mm.

• Supporters

I have a question that's sort of on this topic.

I've got a CTR stock lying about, that I want to put on my AK, but I don't know what stock tube or adaptor to get... Will they all fit together, or can you get different sized stock tubes?

I've been looking on Ant-Supplies; they have a couple of AK stock adaptors, but neither of them look like you can screw a stock tube into them... So, I get the adaptor, I mod it/the gun, so they fit... But then what? How do I know the stock tube will go on? And how is it even supposed to go on if it doesn't screw in?

Here's the links btw:

http://ant-supplies.co.uk/Pages/AirsoftStockBufferTubes.aspx

http://ant-supplies.co.uk/Pages/AirsoftButtStockAdapters.aspx

• Supporters

That's a good question, Ed. I'd always assumed that there must be a collar nut which tightens to pull the threaded part of the tube tight onto the protruding rod of the trunion.

Just to continue on CYMA numbering,AK wise their TM based models are not super good,mainly due to the inhered poor traits of the TM AKs. The models above 045 are based off the VFC pinned and real takedown design and have steel receivers and are half steel overall. Those are the CYMAs I mostly recommend,bang for buck quality is pretty good and if something does break externally(Most common breakages are the gas tube & rear sight) there is a wide array of Dboys and LCT steel parts that fit.

The 048 and 048M are the stars of CYMAs lineup,most consistent and reliable guns made by them.

This whole number business is confusing I just want an ak with a buffer tube or one I can put one on, I just prefer adjustable stocks is all.

• Supporters

Well, the CM.039C is a TM clone, so inherent problems you will face are that the barrel base assembly which also holds the rear of the gas tube, is not as hollow as some other makes which means that it can be a bit of a struggle to get your battery connector and wire stuffed into that space, but you can have to if you're using a folding stock, or in your case, unless you mod the trunnion to allow for a battery inside the buffer tube, because an 8.4V NiMh stick battery fills that top space under the dust cover exactly.

You can get Turnigy Nano-Tech LiPo's of 7.4V or 11.1V in that space with a little wiggle room however, but it is a real struggle to find enough space for anything but the smallest MOSFET without pretty major dremmel-mods to allow the FET board to sit somewhere inside the front handguards. Removing the small Tamiya connectors in favour of Deans connectors gives a few valuable cubic millimetres of extra space, as well as conducting electricity better...

The shimming on CYMA's is pretty rudimentary, in fact the gearbox works so well because the tolerances of everything are slacker than the original from which they are cloned - basically their solution to the problem of putting a more powerful spring in than the TM and still wanting great ROF is to just throw more power at it and consequently the GB is pretty noisy compared to many others.

Another potential problem is the air seal nozzle, which is very short compared to other AK designs so is a bit of a pig to replace with aluminium, and the original is prone to tiny cracks in its clear polycarbonate. They're not exactly known for a good air seal even when brand new, even though their stock hop rubber is very good at spinning up BB's and centring them in the barrel for better accuracy. Again, their solution is to use more power, ie more air coming faster out of the cylinder - I don't think anyone in the west knows for sure what weight of spring they use as standard, but my guess is that it's more than an M120 but not as high as an M130 but fortunately, for nothing more than the cost of the spring you want in the gun, taiwangun.com (and many other retailers) will supply it to you with the spring of your choice already fitted - a M110 gives you about 360+/-5 an M100 about 330+/-5 FPS - the way forward is an Element M105 which gives you about 345+/-5, but taiwangun don't sell that spring :(

The easiest way to get more FPS out of a sub 350FPS CYMA AK is to change the air seal nozzle for a black POM one - I forget right now, but I think Dream Army do one - iirc the replacement needs to be 19.5mm long, which is 0.18mm longer than the stock one and, while the gears and shell are usually liberally coated with earwax looking grease, inside the cylinder isn't. A good smear of Guarder Teflon grease on the O-ring does wonders, but don't worry about the piston head, cylinder head, or piston unless you're prepared to completely tune up the GB - hopefully the piston head of the .039 series retains the tiny acetate washer from the .028 series between the piston and head, which acts almost as a 2nd O-ring.

*massive inhalation*

Hooooooooooooooooooooowever...

I'm 80% sure that the Model B (also called Beta or Omega on some sites) replacement trunnion UTJ referred to above is intended to fit onto any AK-74 with a left folding stock. The problem is that, as Ed points out, we dunno how the tube actually attaches to that type of fixed or folding trunnion. I have to say that getting the pin out of the hinge to swap to that folding trunnion may not be anything like easy - for a fact I know it would be a very annoying job on my ICS AKS-74U. CKinnerly has yanked up an AK before so maybe he knows, or Finius...?

I think my brain just exploded would a LCT 104nv solve this? Unless one of these mystical 40+ cymas has a m4 stock built in

• Supporters

No, the highest CM# with a crane stock is the .039C.

There's also a LCT TX-74UN and LCT TX-M with crane stocks and realistic take down.

• Supporters

^^why not?

Archived