Igniting green gas for a fireball effect?

ben74
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So after i found out green gas works in lighters i got me thinking about igniting it in gas pistols. Love my TM desert eagle but having a small fireball coming out the end would just blow me away. So my question is has anyone put like a lighter system on a gas bb gun? like a spark from a click lighter which is somehow wired to the trigger, just to give some fire after the bb has left the chamber.

Has anyone done this before? Also would the valve close in time or would the whole pistol catch fire.

NO! itll explode! actually... go for it, just get a friend to record it and upload it. youtube hit.

• Supporters

If you put the sparker at the end of the barrel I think it would work.

Putting it into the mechanism would more than likely cause the gas expansion chamber to rupture. I doubt there'd be anything like enough explosive force to cause anyone harm, but it's just not worth the risk.

Maybe you could build a rig to showcase it without you having to pull the trigger whilst holding the gun? It'd be a cool thing to test in a safe environment, but probably not a skirmishable idea, for obvious reasons.

If you put the sparker at the end of the barrel I think it would work.

Putting it into the mechanism would more than likely cause the gas expansion chamber to rupture. I doubt there'd be anything like enough explosive force to cause anyone harm, but it's just not worth the risk.

Maybe you could build a rig to showcase it without you having to pull the trigger whilst holding the gun? It'd be a cool thing to test in a safe environment, but probably not a skirmishable idea, for obvious reasons.

Yeah i was thinking about putting the spark system at the end of the barrel maybe on some sort of timer. That way it will ignite it after the bb has left.

But i notice some of the gas comes out the top as it blows back.... I thought someone would of tried this and maybe had a how to or some tricks. Also the model of pistol i have releases quite a lot of gas, so maybe it would turn it into more a flamethrower and very fake looking...

Yeah i was thinking about putting the spark system at the end of the barrel maybe on some sort of timer. That way it will ignite it after the bb has left.

But i notice some of the gas comes out the top as it blows back.... I thought someone would of tried this and maybe had a how to or some tricks. Also the model of pistol i have releases quite a lot of gas, so maybe it would turn it into more a flamethrower and very fake looking...

They probably havent lived to see the result to be honest.

Have you ever fired and started to run out of gas to the point your whole gun releases all the gas? This will just create an in road for the flame. You are igniting GAS!!

When you fire just look behind the gun and see how much gas is ejected backwards.....if the flame catches on and heads back its you or your clothes that are going to get it.

By all means try it and document it but I get the feeling we will never see it.

why not get some of that fire retardant mesh (allows gas through, but not fire) to put over the nozzle so that the flame doesn't travel, and get the pistol to dry fire. should give you that fireball while limiting the damage.

• Supporters

nope but then the same thing happened with IED Thread to which i bet never ended up being made to what the original Cool Factor was quoting.

• Supporters

IED thing never saw the light of day, my mate Andrew was the OP - 200Rabbits.

That said though, there was a guy at my site last time I went that had some Maroon MKVs with a wireless blue-tooth trigger system.

I thought he was being a PROPER tit with them as well. One of the objectives involved capturing some plastic boards from the enemy base and taking them back to your base, but he'd rigged these Maroons up underneath the boards, so if anyone got hold of one - boom.

He detonated one at the end of the game and it shattered the board to sh*t and they were made out of Acrylic at least 1cm thick. Would've seriously f*cked up whoever's hands were on it when he detonated it, should we have got far enough to grab it in the first place.

Archived