Airsoft Forums UK

Fps limit

RubenR
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am hoping to go to gunman airsoft in Norwich and am hoping to get the g&g cm16 raider l, and I know the sites limit is 350 and the website sais the gun is 330 fps but I know sometimes it can vary, do you think it will be ok ? Does it matter if it goes over the 350 limit by 5 or so L

Cheers

• Supporters
I am hoping to go to gunman airsoft in Norwich and am hoping to get the g&g cm16 raider l, and I know the sites limit is 350 and the website sais the gun is 330 fps but I know sometimes it can vary, do you think it will be ok ? Does it matter if it goes over the 350 limit by 5 or so L

Cheers

All the sites I've ever been to have had a limit of 350fps + 5% which basically means that the real limit is 370, though I don't know if that's the same of all sites.

My G&G MP5 came shooting around 328 though and that's using the same system as the raider, so I imagine you'll be fine. If all else fails you can always cut the spring down to reduce the fps.

All the sites i've been to is 328 +5%... So 350.

They won't allow anything over. Not even 351.

Cheers

I've got the G&G CM16 and although the quote on the box was 320fps it was actually shooting nearer 280fps. G&G seem to use the same gearbox in all the CM16 guns with different barrel lengths and the shorter the inner barrel the lower the FPS and vice versa (mine had a 247mm inner). I tried mine with a 509mm inner from one of my L85's and the fps was immediately nearer 350fps without changing anything in the gearbox, so check inner barrel length for probable FPS or ask the dealer to chrono it themselves for you before they send it out.

Archived