Begadi Nebo blue question

JinxDuh

With my hop fully off (Onto 0), there’s still a small section of the bucking showing. Is this normal, or have I done something wrong? It all adjusts fine. 

I used it for the first time Sunday and the BB was firing straight for a brief period and then would shoot straight up.

The hop up wheel had gotten really tight, so I couldn’t adjust it on site however ever since buying the E&L AK it’s always sent BB’s to the heavens. 

You need to slightly trim the rubber cylinder.. don't overdo it ;) it's less than half a millimetre :D

(don't ask how I know)

• Supporters

Sure, the observable reality is that you're getting more hop than you need and so will have to remove some material if that's really the lowest hop setting.

What BB weight are you seeing this with?

7 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Sure, the observable reality is that you're getting more hop than you need and so will have to remove some material if that's really the lowest hop setting.

What BB weight are you seeing this with?

0.25g BB’s

So taken it apart about 100 times now 😂

The spring wasn’t under the tensioner originally, so it now is fitted. This time the hop off has no bucking showing, turning to 14 (max) has about 1/4 of the barrel “blocked” so seems fine now. Going to Chrono in a moment and make sure stability is good 🤞🏻

Other than being slightly hot 😬 seems all okay, will take it out Sunday and see if BB’s go up in the air. I wondered if maybe using 0.28g would help?

IMG_6784.jpeg

The Begadi hop units tend to over hop with even a small amount of adjustment unless you trim the rubber cylinder.  I run a couple with Macarons and Omega nubs; they barely need moving off zero to get perfect flight.

Yet to try the trimming method because, to be honest, I have no idea what I need to do 😂 I tried to google it but just got recommended sites to buy rubbers from 😂

11 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

Yet to try the trimming method because, to be honest, I have no idea what I need to do 😂 I tried to google it but just got recommended sites to buy rubbers from 😂

take smol cylinder, take very sharp knife, get them to know each other....

profit.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Skara said:

take smol cylinder, take very sharp knife, get them to know each other....

profit.

At the risk of sounding like a fool, I’m assuming I cut the part that’s got the lip? Also, so I can understand better… why am I trimming the bucking? What does it assist with?

Edited by JinxDuh

29 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

At the risk of sounding like a fool, I’m assuming I cut the part that’s got the lip? Also, so I can understand better… why am I trimming the bucking? What does it assist with?

Are you using the red or black rubber cylinder that fits in the top of the metal nub?  If you are, trim a tiny amount (about 0.5mm) off the end of that and try it again.

If you are using the left hand one of the three metal "nubs`" shown with a normal or Omega nub, you may need to do some careful filing of the top part where the arm sits on it.
image.thumb.png.295c441b3ce418bebd3438c088059e0a.png

48 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

why am I trimming the bucking?

nobody said anything about the hop up rubber.........

24 minutes ago, Skara said:

nobody said anything about the hop up rubber.........

Oh… now I see what you mean ahaha! Gotcha!

38 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Are you using the red or black rubber cylinder that fits in the top of the metal nub?  If you are, trim a tiny amount (about 0.5mm) off the end of that and try it again.

If you are using the left hand one of the three metal "nubs`" shown with a normal or Omega nub, you may need to do some careful filing of the top part where the arm sits on it.

Awesome, thank you!

22 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

Tried the left hand one, sanded down the top and now with the hop set to 0 it shows a tiny little bit but it’s much better than it was. It looks like the nub is slightly pushing down on the left side more than the right but it might just be my dodgy eyesight 😂 Will test it at a range this Sunday and report back!

So just got back from the range. Bb’s are travelling straight for roughly 150 feet (Using google maps measurements) and still going beyond but my eyesights not that good so 😂

The only issue I ran into, which hasn’t happened to me before was that I would occasionally pull the trigger and it wouldn’t fire a BB but it would make the sound. Some times I would pull the trigger 3 or 4 times and it would make the noise but no BB. I found if I pulled the trigger, waited a second and fired again it would fire BB’s every time. Also, if I spammed the trigger it would fire the BB’s consistently. This has only started happening today, and yesterday when I tested it every trigger pull resulted in a BB firing. 

Any ideas on what to start looking at? I’ve contacted Negative Airsoft to send it to him potentially to sort out but would like to learn myself and save some pennies 😂

Posted (edited)

Tried all 3 of the “tensioners” and the issue still persists, so not those. I get about 4 bb’s before it starts to “dry fire”, however the amount of dry firing varies anywhere from one shot to four or five before a BB will fire out. 

Starting to wonder if it’ll be better to bin the E&L and buy an LCT 🤣

Really out of ideas, the nozzle seems to return fine and the FPS is consistent (When it shoots the BB) with minimal drop and it was working fine on Wednesday when I did the fps checks 🤔

Edited by JinxDuh

Changed out the XT 6.00 inner barrel and maple leaf bucking to a standard brass 6.05mm and standard black bucking. No issues at all, so will now try maple leaf bucking on brass barrel and default bucking on XT

Posted (edited)

Found a maple leaf 6.02mm inner barrel, paired it with the maple leaf (Green) and out of roughly 160 shots (All on semi), I had 3 “miss fires” so it’s getting better!

Chronoing exactly the same as above (with the hop on 0), 52 shots and only one “miss fire” aka not firing

With the hop set to 7 (half way) I got 7 non firers within 29 shots. So I’m assuming the hop rubber is the cause

With the maple leaf inner barrel and black bucking, out of 85 odd shots, it didn’t not fire once (Hop set to 0), hop set to 7 with roughly 50 shots it didn’t fire twice. Very confused 🤔

Edited by JinxDuh

It seems at last I’ve remedied the random “pull trigger, pew goes bang, but no bb goes woosh” however unsure if the BB going up is resolved however I think I’m just going to accept defeat and buy an LCT if it still gives me issues