Finding old friends

Hudson

No, not what you might infer from the title.

This isn't about reconnecting with people you might have once known.

I'm talking about guns.

After previously seeing an advert for something I thought may have once been mine it made me think about this.

For those that have been playing a while we'll have inevitably worked our way through a plethora of guns, from the first AEG we ever bought, to the beloved bolt action that we traded and soon regretted, to the impulse buy shotgun that never even got used and was sold shortly after.

Have you ever come across something that you've previously owned and sold, whether it's still owned by the same person or it's even passed on to someone new?

I'm not talking about selling them to someone you know and see regularly and therefore it's barely even gone, but more you've posted one off to someone halfway across the country; only to later bump into it and instantly recognise it, or you took it down to a bring & buy sale and then saw it online at a later date.

Did anyone ever buy it back? Was it being sold for more than you parted with it?

Any other interesting or amusing stories connected to this?

Off the top of my head, I recall meeting Someone at a somewhat local site, but not one I often visit who remembered me selling them a modern magpul style AK, and was actually still using it on the day; running strong a couple of years later!

And then fairly recently Seeing an ASG M15 with a distinctive paint job go up on discord that I recognised as mine straight away, being sold at a price probably a bit more than I'd sold it for!

Interested to hear from anyone else!

When the Raptor Grach was announced, I asked my local shop to get me one in with an extra mag, mount etc. Ended up selling it back to them due it being awful. About three years later, walk in and see another one sitting on the counter with the current owner asking if the shop owner wanted to buy it back (They didn't).

I was chatting to the guy and he was explaining what was wrong with it, and I was responding to all the issues with "Mine did that too", only to then find out the guy had bought it from the shop owner 3 years ago! I offered him a reasonable amount for it, to which he accepted and so now one of the coolest (IMO) GBBP's is back in my collection! And yes, it's still barely useable... 😭

• Supporters

I sold a couple of guns to a buddy (including an old TM SPAS 12). I'll be reacquiring them along with the rest of his collection as he's moved to Australia and the guy that was looking after them wants the space in his shed back!

As you say, I have had and sold alot of guns in my time. 

Now I can only speak for a few. 

I know a few are still running, and a few have died and been split. 

The the one I'm most proud of, was last year at NAF. Saw a TM famas, chatted to the guy, turns out it was my old one. 

Now I bought this famas new around 1997-98.

And it's still going!!!! Damn things are indestructible. 

The one that broke my heart, was my TM M14 EBR. 

This had the full G&P EBR kit, correct king arms Silencer, G&P knights mounts. Real harris bipod. All G&P mid cap mags with 7.62 magpuls. The works. 

A year later, saw it for sale on an old forum that disappeared years ago (UKAZ, if any one remembers that one). 

Turns out he didn't like the ebr kit, found it too heavy. So stripped and sold it all, and turned it back to the basic M14 socom. 

Wasn't long after, that was then being sold for spares as had cracked the body and some how blown the gearbox. But didn't want to repair it. 

And that's one of about 5 guns I ever regretted selling. 

29 minutes ago, Darkmikey22 said:

As you say, I have had and sold alot of guns in my time. 

Now I can only speak for a few. 

I know a few are still running, and a few have died and been split. 

The the one I'm most proud of, was last year at NAF. Saw a TM famas, chatted to the guy, turns out it was my old one. 

Now I bought this famas new around 1997-98.

And it's still going!!!! Damn things are indestructible. 

The one that broke my heart, was my TM M14 EBR. 

This had the full G&P EBR kit, correct king arms Silencer, G&P knights mounts. Real harris bipod. All G&P mid cap mags with 7.62 magpuls. The works. 

A year later, saw it for sale on an old forum that disappeared years ago (UKAZ, if any one remembers that one). 

Turns out he didn't like the ebr kit, found it too heavy. So stripped and sold it all, and turned it back to the basic M14 socom. 

Wasn't long after, that was then being sold for spares as had cracked the body and some how blown the gearbox. But didn't want to repair it. 

And that's one of about 5 guns I ever regretted selling. 

That EBR is one I coveted greatly 😅