Specna Arms G36 Edge Gearbox issue

Roguesooty

Hi all

I am quite new to airsoft (been going just over a year). Recently bought a used Specna Arms G36 Edge and apart from having to remove the recoil feedback slider as it jammed the piston, it's been superb. However it has got a non standard gearbox and MOSFET. Seller said it had been upgraded but did not know any more.

The Gearbox now has an issue where the Bevel gear now ends up sliding out of it's place after a few shots. The reason I have found is the shaft that runs through the Bevel gear is now separated away from the gear and can now slide out which then cause the gear itself to move. 

Is anyone able to identify the gearbox from the following pictures please as I'm assuming this should certainly not happen and it should be solid with the gear? If I can Identify the gearbox is it possible to just replace the Bevel gear or, as I suspect, more sensible to replace all 3 gears as a set please? 

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-10 at 20.10.47 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-10 at 20.10.47.jpeg

• Supporters

I hate it when my shaft slips out of the hole, it really puts me off my stroke. 

Sorry, I can't place the gearbox, but it's got what looks like the handy decocker / unlocker on it which should narrow it down for G36 afficionados.  It shouldn't really matter, as gears are one of the few things that most manufacturers agree on, and are generic between V2 or V3 (or V6) gearboxen.

So I'd go ahead and replace all 3 gears as a set.  SHS, ZCI, whatever you fancy, along with a set of shims.

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

It's a version 3 gearbox 

Well, sure, and a G36 rather than an AK, but can we tell what make?  Not that it will matter for the gears, I'm just curious about whether that release switch is standard for Specna Arms or whether it's from something else - it's a handy feature.

• Supporters

As far as the gears themselves go, a set of standard V3 compatible gears should be fine. The gearbox case is a bit specific because of the recoil function but that's about it.

Thank you everyone for the replies, incredibly helpful.

I removed the recoil slider as it kept jamming the piston, especially after full auto use. I don't know if the whole gearbox was replaced including the MOSFET (I have a picture of the writing on the MOSFET if that would help to Identify the Gearbox make). Now going to see what ratio of gears it has as I have already had it apart a couple of times and did not see on the gears what they were, all though I was never looking for it. 

Any ideas as to what ratio it might be? 16:1 or 13:1? It does shoot quickly on full auto and is faster than my stock Double Bells PDW.

Thanks again all

Simon