Average price for Specna Arms SA-E23

I’m new to airsoft and am wondering what the average price is for this weapon second hand roughly. Also is there anything I can do to give myself a little advantage. Like making sure the magazine sits properly or any little tricks like that

• Supporters

You generally want to aim for 60-70% of new price for a used airsoft gun in decent condition, if you can find one. Sellers will always ask more and claim that their shagged out bag of loose bolts is "basically new" or "just test fired once", while buyers are always looking for a bargain.

If you're after a specific model, you can always stick an ad in the wanted section here - https://airsoft-forums.uk/classifieds/category/17-guns-wanted/ - but you'll need to be very careful about scammers claiming to have just what you want, when all they have is a stolen stock image.

Buying used is always a risk, and it's something I'd only encourage if you're willing to work on the gun yourself to remedy whatever it is that's prompted the owner to sell it.  Buying in person and testing it first is a better idea, and it's worth asking around at your local site(s) to see what people have for sale.

Clean the barrel, dial the hop in, and feed it the heaviest BBs that it will hop and that your wallet can stand (I tend to use 0.28g, other people go heavier), and you'll be competitive with anything else out there.

4 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Buying used is always a risk, and it's something I'd only encourage if you're willing to work on the gun yourself to remedy whatever it is that's prompted the owner to sell it. 

This. Buying second hand significantly increases the chance that the gun will need work and I'm guessing that as @Biggie-Banana264 is new to  the game he isn't going to know how to do said work. Buying new from a shop may cost more but if the gun does turn out to be a dud you can send it back

• Supporters

@Biggie-Banana264 is it just the size of the outlay that concerns you or the risk of getting a lemon?

As RIFs go the edge 2.0 range is pretty decent, it's certainly at a price point where you should expect a reliable and reasonably well performing gun. If you get a lemon out of the box, just send it back. The consumer protections are there for a reason! If you buy second hand you probably stand a higher chance of getting a lemon, particularly if it's been "upgraded" (translation: pre-fucked). Bear in mind that the reason you might see a disproportionately high number of people criticizing a product online is that most people that are perfectly happy with something don't go out of their way to sing its praises online.

If it's the pure cost element that is giving you pause then either a) save a bit more, or b) pick something cheaper that is still well regarded (like Double Eagle or a G&G Combat Machine) and work up to  a more expensive gun once you've decided that yes, airsoft is the massive hole you wish to throw all your spare cash into.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Lozart said:

G&G Combat Machine

Now closing in on Double Eagle M9XX or Edge 2.0 prices for old tech.  They work well, but I really couldn't justify the price for the features - I wouldn't buy an M4 without a QC spring now.

9 hours ago, Lozart said:

Bear in mind that the reason you might see a disproportionately high number of people criticizing a product online is that most people that are perfectly happy with something don't go out of their way to sing its praises online.

This. When I worked for asda I was told a happy customer will tell 1 person while an unhappy customer will tell 10. Also unfortunately a lot of the information given is what the person heard from their mate's cousin's neighbour's uncle and are blindly repeating it without knowing how true it is