BUA - Bomb Up Airsoft, Warrington

DanBow

Popped along to their new shop in Warrington a couple of days ago. It was their grand opening, in the new premises, the week before. We'd never been before but saw them on on ticktock and Instagram so as it was only 50 odd minutes away @sofieb and I went to have a nosey.

By their admission, it's the largest airsoft shop in the UK and having now been there I tend to agree. I've only been to a couple of others and, generally, they have all been quite small affairs. I couldn't say how big the actual shop floor is but it's big. There must be a couple of hundred individual pews, rifles and pistols, on display along with every else imaginable. Well, everything else imaginable for airsoft!  There are mostly 2 of each showing different colour options and all are free to be picked up and tried on for size. The staff were really nice, if not a little full on with following you around and offering help, and said if there's any that we want to try they will load it up and you can have a go in the indoor range. 

The indoor range is very nice, only about 10 metres long but with 3 or 4 individual bays, and paper and electronic targets to shoot at. 

There's not as lot of parking on site and when it's busy you will struggle as it on a small.industrial estate next door to a gym but don't let that put you off. 

Oh, and there's a pool table, comfy sofas and I'm sure I saw a coffee machine. 😁

16 hours ago, DanBow said:

Popped along to their new shop in Warrington a couple of days ago. It was their grand opening, in the new premises, the week before. We'd never been before but saw them on on ticktock and Instagram so as it was only 50 odd minutes away @sofieb and I went to have a nosey.

By their admission, it's the largest airsoft shop in the UK and having now been there I tend to agree. I've only been to a couple of others and, generally, they have all been quite small affairs. I couldn't say how big the actual shop floor is but it's big. There must be a couple of hundred individual pews, rifles and pistols, on display along with every else imaginable. Well, everything else imaginable for airsoft!  There are mostly 2 of each showing different colour options and all are free to be picked up and tried on for size. The staff were really nice, if not a little full on with following you around and offering help, and said if there's any that we want to try they will load it up and you can have a go in the indoor range. 

The indoor range is very nice, only about 10 metres long but with 3 or 4 individual bays, and paper and electronic targets to shoot at. 

There's not as lot of parking on site and when it's busy you will struggle as it on a small.industrial estate next door to a gym but don't let that put you off. 

Oh, and there's a pool table, comfy sofas and I'm sure I saw a coffee machine. 😁

Sounds like a drive up the M6 is due 

• 1 month later...

Got ripped off by bomb up a while back, probably around 2017/2018, package never arrived after stating RIF had been left in a safe place when not in, there was no safe place and the policy stated for postage the item had to be signed for which never was and had proof, was told another would be sent out. A week later nothing arrived, put a post in an airsoft FB group, had one of the owners message to say they would send one out and asked if I could remove the post. I obliged and removed the post to be told they wouldn't be sending it out. So from this never used them again as after I removed the post, her attitude changed. Prior to this mind I did buy my first RIF through them, item was shown as in stock - paid for it and a day later they contacted me to say it was out of stock and would get it to me within a week. It arrived within the time stated - couldn't fault them at the time, had a few more small orders with them that was decent. Just that incident put me off. If I was in the area I probably would deal with them face to face in a shop  they seem to have a good range of items,  but not for orders posted. Seems to be a lack of bricks and mortar places up north where you can go, BZ is a trek even for me. 

Yes, I'd much prefer to buy face to face and have a large shop, reasonably close, ticks most boxes for me.

• 1 month later...

I have had a pleasant experience with BUA back in July concerning a refund of a Nuprol case. No hassle and very straightforward with understanding and polite comms all the way. 

Only bought a holo and magnifier from them. Great shop with lots to look at, friendly helpful staff, very impressive shop.

You can just pick any rif up or pistol of the display walls to have a handle of without question. When I visited Patrol Base your not allowed to touch, signs everywhere stating this, ask a member of staff for assistance. That's shit really, you want to grab a gun off the wall and start playing with it when you're in the buying market, pressing the buttons and cocking it 🤣

10 out of 10 BUA 👍

7.5 out of 10 for Patrol Base , just because you can't fiddle.