cant zero scope

Hello all

i have a new scope for my gun 3-6 x 50 and i when trying to zero it i have seemed to of "run out" of veritcal adjustment on the dial

to make sure i was going mad i did all the way to the bottom (bb got further away from aim) then twisted the dial max to the top and it got closer. but still 4-5 inches below

not sue what else i can do?

thankyou

I have had this before - in my case it was that the ultra cheap mounts that came with the scope were not actually clamping down evenly/fully on the picatinny rail - worth checking that first.

Hiya!   
Yeah, I've had much the same sort of issue, my latest gat shoots quite a bit higher than my aiming point at the moment.

What sort of range are you zeroing at?  How much hop have you got on?
Do bear in mind that our toys have different ballistic properties to normal guns - enough hop dialed in, and the BB will lift quite a bit compared to a normal trajectory.  You might find the vertical zero is fine at 30-40m, but quite off at 10-15m, unless you take some of the hop off.  Or indeed vice-versa, if you're shooting lower than the aiming point, it might just be a lack of hop.