NEW AAP-01 pistol won't fire/ loose trigger

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just purchased for my son. Followed the out of box directions. Will not fire. Trigger doesn't seem to engage.

- There is gas. 
-proper bb size loaded

- it is cocked

- the safety works and is off.

Thanks so much for any insight

• Supporters

Take it back.

• Supporters

Sorry to hear that.

While I have no problem repairing airsoft guns after a reasonable amount of use, and have just bought an AAP-01C on that basis, I'd say broken-out-of-the-box is more of a case of haggling over whether you or the retailer is paying the return fee.  If you don't like the answer, you can just start down the chargeback route with your payment processor, which can result in a retailer suddenly remembering your consumer rights.

If you do want to investigate, I'd also suggest doing it with their agreement and under their guidance. It may be something simple that they can send you a part for, but if you go poking and prodding around, it might result in a warranty rejection.

One thing, can you see any signs that you've been sent a "pre loved" gun?  It wouldn't be the first time.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Barefoot said:

We purchased on ebay in "new condition". It did appear new.

Huh, it's impressive that the seller managed to sneak it past the eBay "not allowed" commissars.  But it does rather sound like you've been deliberately sold a pup, maybe out the back door of a retailer.

If @Convert doesn't manage to sort you out, they're super easy to open up and then it's a case of looking for whatever's not engaging. Easy to do if you have a working example to compare it to, a bit of a mare if you're going in blind. But a few high quality pictures or a video of the internals might let us spot what's broken or missing.

Can you separate the two halves (mag out, hold the button in on the back and pull apart from the front) and take a photo of the bottom half?

It's likely something very simple/cheap to fix.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.