Appraisal MKU plate carrier

nighthawkkhan

Posted on the appraisal page but I haven't heard from anyone 😕

Genuine MKU plate carrier in desert digital camo.

Has various ammo pouches, hydration bladder, some soft filler inserts in lap and neck protector  

20240617_214135.jpg

20240617_214200.jpg

20240617_214227.jpg

20240617_214248.jpg

Hi bud.

What do you think it's worth?

Did you buy it yourself?

You must have some idea of what you want for it.

I know that I have made offers on gear that the owners don't know what it's worth only to get a message back saying,'you are joking, It's worth three times that'

• Supporters

Had a dig around with not much joy, real steel vests primarily aimed at the Indian home market, as well as other nations in the region.

They've not had any luck getting western nations to adopt these in any numbers, hence why very little has filtered through to the secondhand market.

Almost everything on the net regarding this model is pretentious sales blurb, with no mention of pricing etc, probably considered crass to talk money ?.

Best thing you could do is maybe contact mku via email, maybe spin them a yarn about travelling somewhere "spicy" for work & your considering body armour options, covert & overt, they might fire off a catalogue/price list without asking for professional credentials ?.

Alternatively look at similar real steel pc's, & guesstimate a 70% price from that ?.

I paid alot, instinct purchase but never used it! Priced at over £400 thats direct from MKU

7 hours ago, Shamal said:

Hi bud.

What do you think it's worth?

Did you buy it yourself?

You must have some idea of what you want for it.

I know that I have made offers on gear that the owners don't know what it's worth only to get a message back saying,'you are joking, It's worth three times that'

I paid a fair amount, listed over £400 on MKU. would like to get £200 back, its Large size well made with inserts and pouches 

3 hours ago, Tackle said:

Had a dig around with not much joy, real steel vests primarily aimed at the Indian home market, as well as other nations in the region.

They've not had any luck getting western nations to adopt these in any numbers, hence why very little has filtered through to the secondhand market.

Almost everything on the net regarding this model is pretentious sales blurb, with no mention of pricing etc, probably considered crass to talk money ?.

Best thing you could do is maybe contact mku via email, maybe spin them a yarn about travelling somewhere "spicy" for work & your considering body armour options, covert & overt, they might fire off a catalogue/price list without asking for professional credentials ?.

Alternatively look at similar real steel pc's, & guesstimate a 70% price from that ?.

Its priced over £400 on MKU 

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, nighthawkkhan said:

I paid alot, instinct purchase but never used it! Priced at over £400 thats direct from MKU

I paid a fair amount, listed over £400 on MKU. would like to get £200 back, its Large size well made with inserts and pouches 

Its priced over £400 on MKU 

Lol, your googlefu is stronger than mine.

General rule of thumb for s/h stuff in airsoft is considered to be 60% to 70%ish of the cheapest new price at the time of posting. 

But depending on supply, demand, or even who's using the kit in active service at the time can cause the accepted percentage to fluctuate. 

Problem you have is irrespective of rrp, not many airsofters splurge £200+ on load bearing equipment of any sort, not with so many good quality copies around for a fraction of real steel prices, with the exception of the hard-core stitch counters, but they're all bonkers lol🥴.

Add to that, you've stated yours is a "desert camo", but which one & who uses it ?, that kinda info may give you a better idea of a target market, whether it's airsofters, reenactors, or even the home market of whatever country or units use that camo ?.

Good luck, it may not be easy to shift but I sold an Israeli vest to someone in the Lebanon once, at a considerable profit, so anything is possible 😀 

If you're looking for £200, list that as your asking price ONO, you might get close to it if you're willing to haggle. The only pews & kit I make an offer on that I don't end up buying are the items that have no wiggle room for negotiation. Keep listing it until it's sold.

You'd be surprised how many classifieds I've bought the second or third time it's been advertised & nearer my original offer than the sellers asking price.