What paint sticks to plastic?

Sorry if this is a little off topic but I think you guys have the answer I seek.

I am looking to paint some plastic magazines from a Walther air rifle, we cannot count to 11 it seems and keep firing with no

pellet in the magazine.

The magazine has ridges every so often and painting one would put it into view when on the last shot, tried some 3D pearl paint

and that just wiped off, tried some acrylic paint and that didn't stick well either.

Then I tried a spray can of silver that says suitable for metal and plastic and that is the best so far but (always a but).

I thought add a thin layer of superglue to seal it but the paint started to come away.  :(

I don't think the paint will stand upto constant use without something to protect it, I have not tried scraping it off yet but

don't think it's stuck to the plastic as well as I require.  The magazine needs to be manually rotated every time we reload and that

section is likely to get a fair bit of finger contact.

Last time we were out it got reloaded 40+ times, in a single day.

I only need to paint 3x 5mm x10mm pieces.  Do you think a laquer over the silver paint will help or is it likely to make the paint

chip off?

Thanks.

Try some tippex correction stuff.

My bsa gold star mags had a white marker which came into view when on last shot. When that faded I perked it up with tippex which worked.

Or you have to learn to count 😂😂

Regards 

Edited by Shamal
Spelin

Can you post a picture? What sort of location is this?

No paint is really able to withstand constant wear, even cerakote can wear out over time

So instead of looking for something that last forever (which doesn't exist), maybe you need something that can be applied easily, like a paint marker pen that you keep in the bag

Or 3D print a replacement part with a different colour plastic

Possibly you need to degrease the plastic first to remove any mould release agent. Also roughening any shiny surface might help key the paint to the surface.

Solvent based paints will also adhere to the surface better than acrylics.

You could also consider coloured nail varnish instead of paint.