Don’t know what to seek for

Wickett15

I have an alpha delta armoury m4 with upgraded parts full metal part and body with two mid caps and suppressor and hand grip. I am wondering how much you would be willing to pay for it hypothetically and could potentially seek but don’t know how you would go about doing that on here 

2 minutes ago, Wickett15 said:

I have an alpha delta armoury m4 with upgraded parts full metal part and body with two mid caps and suppressor and hand grip. I am wondering how much you would be willing to pay for it hypothetically and could potentially seek but don’t know how you would go about doing that on here 

Hi,

welcome to the site.

If you post a few pics in this thread, we can give you an idea.

Welcome aboard.

We have a board specifically for that: https://airsoft-forums.uk/forum/151-appraisals/

You will need to provide full details of the upgrades.

A good guide is that an essentially "as new" gun should be priced at about 65-70% of retail.  If you do not know what the upgrades are, you cannot factor them into the price.

Stick it in the appraisals thread that I pointed out to you.

• Head Moderator

1 hour ago, Wickett15 said:

So factoring in  everything in probably about 200 pounds because I can’t remember the upgrades for the life of me 

Not saying your estimate is wrong but which model is that price based on? Are there more photos of the gun, particularly if there are any scuffs, scratches, etc, as well as the box to identify the model name/SKU?

"Not used much maybe 10-15 times" will be taken with a pinch of salt by a lot of prospective buyers. It's not to accuse you of lying or being rough, it's just not a reliable metric.

My main concern if I were a potential buyer, would be this guns history. You see these come up in the classifieds all the time, with one dark and/or blurry picture on someone's duvet (usually also featuring the photographers feet).

"I got this off a mate, who got it off some bloke at a game day. He reckons it's had some upgrades, dunno what or how old it is. Please give me £20 less than retail. Collection only, thanks"

Put some effort into the ad and you may get around 60% of the new price. Hopefully you can at least recall how much you paid?

• Supporters

That's a little bit of a Frankengun with the Olde Worlde front post, but a new fangled RIS handguard. That's handguard doesn't really add extra value for a purchaser unless you can find one that's after that specific combination. And grips, suppressors and mags are more what you'd call free gifts or sweeteners.

I reckon that's a Delta Armory DA-A02-ETU ALPHA, so £250 new, so maybe £175 used for the base gun. £200 isn't an unreasonable ask - and you might get it at this time of year  - but unspecified "upgrades" would actually put me off. I wouldn't even mention that, just what it's chronoing at, if you know.

Expect plenty of lowball offers, and "Swap for... ?" asks.