Warrior Assault Systems: DCS or LCP?

After much deliberation I've decided that I've outgrown the humble viper carrier/belt setup of mine and want to get into some decent gear without breaking the bank, and after seeing a Warrior Assault Systems rig in person I've decided to get one myself - although I'm at a bit of a crossroads. I can't really tell the difference between the DCS and the LCP and was wondering if anybody had any info on them that would direct my purchase - I'm looking for one that has a solid MOLLE cummerbund to act as a replacement for my battle-belt so it'd be between the DCS or the LPC V1.

Currently don't use any M4 magazine platform stuff at the moment and I've seen that you can get the DCS with G36 or AK pouches bundled, but I'm not too sure about the LCP having the same options.

Would really appreciate some input as it's a lot of money [relatively speaking for me, anyway] to put down for an airsoft carrier so I want to make sure I get the one that's best for me. Cheers

I had a LPC v1 although not the DCS and cannot comment on it. However I found the LPC to be good quality, durable and very comfortable to wear. Plus I think it looks better than the DCS however that’s a personal choice. It is a lot of money but I think the LPC is good choice as JPC type of plate carrier. 

The the biggest difference between the to is the placard system that the lpc uses, not so much of an issue if you only use one platform but if you dont then the placard system makes changing a loadout much easier. 

I have used a dcs but now use a rpc carrier, with the placard setup. I keep the appropriate setup in the case with each rif. So if i fancy a change or somethings fails it just rip it off and slap on the new one.

In regards to using the sides to replicate the belt selt up, unless you have pouches which have harder mounting material or clips, and need the padded sides, ladder sides still take molle pouches but with a bit better air flow and less weight as you give up the side armour pockets.

5 hours ago, concretesnail said:

The the biggest difference between the to is the placard system that the lpc uses, not so much of an issue if you only use one platform but if you dont then the placard system makes changing a loadout much easier. 

I have used a dcs but now use a rpc carrier, with the placard setup. I keep the appropriate setup in the case with each rif. So if i fancy a change or somethings fails it just rip it off and slap on the new one.

By placard system, do you mean the velcro panel that you'd also attack a pair of plastic clips into so you could change things on the fly if you had the panel for each platform? I use one in a very shitty manner currently to hold my UTR magazines loosely in the front-pocket velcro thing of my current rig and it's not amazing to be honest lol

5 hours ago, concretesnail said:

In regards to using the sides to replicate the belt selt up, unless you have pouches which have harder mounting material or clips, and need the padded sides, ladder sides still take molle pouches but with a bit better air flow and less weight as you give up the side armour pockets.

Good to know, I thought it was some sort of posh propriety system and I had no idea really - still think I'm more interested in the cummerbund having a bit more substance for security's sake - the paranoia of things dangling or somehow getting loose drives me crazy so just a solid plaque of laser cut molle sounds more appealing to me so far

I might give the mate I mentioned in the OP a message and see if I can try his medium sized DCS on to see what it's like, no better way to see really

• Supporters

Your options are:

-Pay more for the LPC with ROC buckles (quick release cummerbund), placard front and built-in admin pouch

-Pay less for the DCS but no quick swapping of front pouches and you've got to do the big velcro ritual for the cummerbund every time

UK-T's pouches names are way overly-specific tbh.  Double pouches with flaps for AR mags will hold at least one of every other common type of mag.  If you're on a budget I'd go for this and you're literally set for anything you'll likely to ever actually use in one fell swoop.

https://www.uktactical.com/product/warrior-dcs-m4-plate-carrier-combo-with-5x-556-m4-covered-mag-pouches-2x-utility-pouches-18873#?variant=209

I think WAS may be moving all (or at least a portion) of their production over to laser cut stuff since they setup in the UK, so it may be worth grabbing the non LC line stuff if that's what you fancy sooner rather than later.  Just a guesstimate though.

• 2 weeks later...

I've literally just ordered the Warrior LCP V1 today as I'm in the same boat. I've had the same plate carrier for 7-8 years and fancied an upgrade to something lighter and jazzier. I'd considered the Novritsch ASPC 1.Obut it only comes in one size and being a bigger lad, wanted something better suited to my frame. It should arrive by the end of the week so I'll send an update with my thoughts.

Edited by Trumpet
Misspelling

1 hour ago, Trumpet said:

I've literally just ordered the Warrior LCP V1 today as I'm in the same boat. I've had the same plate carrier for 7-8 years and fancied an upgrade to something lighter and jazzier. I'd considered the Novritsch ASPC 1.Obut it only comes in one size and being a bigger lad, wanted something better suited to my frame. It should arrive by the end of the week so I'll send an update with my thoughts.

That'd be awesome - I ended up holding off for now and accidently ordered a bunch of other tat instead so it'll be a while before I end up making a decision so a second-hand review would be much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried it out last weekend and am very impressed. Straight away there are features on it that I hadn't realised I was missing like quick release at the sides for taking it on and off, the replaceable front panel for different loadouts, line retention on the shoulders for HPA/hydration.

Profile wise, it's actually smaller coverage on the torso that I was using but it feels tonnes lighter when wearing with my mag pouches and backpack for my HPA tank. It has a much better airflow system when wearing thanks to design and materials compared to my previous set up and is a lot more comfortable. I need to try it on a full day outdoor game but overall, I'm really pleased with it. The standard of manufacture is very high, and is something I can see myself using for years to come.

• Supporters
On 17/04/2024 at 20:05, pyromancer6 said:

That'd be awesome - I ended up holding off for now and accidently ordered a bunch of other tat instead so it'll be a while before I end up making a decision so a second-hand review would be much appreciated

There's a discount code available right now - PD25 for 25% off all Warrior kit on UK Tactical until midnight Sunday!

2 hours ago, Trumpet said:

So I tried it out last weekend and am very impressed. Straight away there are features on it that I hadn't realised I was missing like quick release at the sides for taking it on and off, the replaceable front panel for different loadouts, line retention on the shoulders for HPA/hydration.

Profile wise, it's actually smaller coverage on the torso that I was using but it feels tonnes lighter when wearing with my mag pouches and backpack for my HPA tank. It has a much better airflow system when wearing thanks to design and materials compared to my previous set up and is a lot more comfortable. I need to try it on a full day outdoor game but overall, I'm really pleased with it. The standard of manufacture is very high, and is something I can see myself using for years to come.

Awesome to hear - what size did you end up getting if you don't mind me asking? I tried on a friend's DCS last sunday and it was a little snug on me (but he is also much younger and much skinnier than me lol) but that could've just been the way he's adjusted it to himself (medium size)

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

There's a discount code available right now - PD25 for 25% off all Warrior kit on UK Tactical until midnight Sunday!

Exactly what my friend I tried it on said - they do sales all the time so just wait. Guess I'm going to have to open another pay in three haha

I got the Large size but I have to stress that I'm pretty sure that this refers to the adjustable size around the waist, not the area over the chest. I watched some YT reviews of this kit and the chest area is made to take armoured plates and am not sure that these come in different adult sizes. So the Medium/Large refers to the cummerbund size. It gets my vote for the build quality, comfort and snazzy features but I'd recommend asking around your local sites if you're not sure before you click "Buy"